Accounts Payable Coordinator at Rent the Runway
About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Job
We are looking for a hard-working, highly motivated AP Coordinator to join our strong Accounts Payable team. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a fast-paced, extremely successful, high-energy company.
What You’ll Do
- Develop solid understanding of business processes impacting vendor payments for merchandise and general AP
- Monitor Accounts Payable inbound mailbox daily and respond timely to vendor and internal inquiries
- Research vendor payment issues, including status of payment, internal approvals, merchandise receipts, and other relevant information, to be able to determine and communicate an accurate payment information
- Assist the AP Manager in daily prioritization and assignment of inbound invoices; escalate urgent issues as appropriate
- Build relationships across the company and act as a business partner on Accounts Payable matters and inquiries
- Address vendor and internal requests with urgency and accuracy
- Assist AP team with the organization and electronic filing of invoices
- Support AP team with a variety of administrative duties, as needed
- Participate in ad hoc projects, as required
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are a must
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration is highly preferred, but not required
- 1-2 years of corporate experience is highly preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Some experience working with Purchase Orders
- Proven time management skills
- Must be a detail oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Able to multitask and jump in to assist the team when critical
- Strong work ethic and a can-do positive attitude are a must
- Willing to help the broader teams with various projects and requests, as needed
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.