Accounts Payable Specialist at Candid™
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist to join the Candid™ team. Candid™ is growing rapidly and we are looking to make a key hire that will be instrumental in building the financial foundation to scale the organization. Are you someone that is ready to take the next step to build and implement your own financial process and system? You will own the day-to-day operations surrounding accounts payable and expense reports. This role has many internal and external touch points, so we are looking for someone who is a strong communicator, highly organized and reliable. You will report directly to and work closely with the Controller.
- Analyze processed invoices to ensure transactions are properly coded and reconciled to the general ledger
- Partner with vendors and Candid business partners to resolve invoice and payment issues
- Assist the Accounting team with month-end accruals, reconcile vendor statements and ensure financial deadlines of accounts payable are met for financial closings.
- Assist with the preparation of A/P reports and metrics
- Prepare and maintain vendor files (W9s, W-8BENS, banking information) and validate year-end reporting (1099’s)
- Continuously improve processes to enable the business to scale and maintain a strong internal control environment on the payables process.
- Ensure necessary documentation received for new vendors and maintain profile updates
- Manages employee expense reimbursement platform (Expensify)
What You’ll Need
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, and/or relevant field with a combination of experience of 3-5 years in accounts payable
- Experience in Bill.com, Expensify, Xero, and NetSuite
- Are a master of the details, have a strong analytical capacity and organization gets you giddy
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to interact and interface with all levels of management (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Have the willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what’s necessary to get the job done
- Proatively communicates status of areas to team members
- Creativity, flexibility, positive teamwork skills and the ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and willingness to manage new projects with tight deadlines
- Equity in the business
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning.
- Easy access to work, walking distance to Penn Station and within one block of the R, W trains
- A collaborative, high energy work environment