Accounts Receivable Analyst at Braze
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Citi, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 1.8 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
We are headquartered in New York with offices in London, San Francisco and Singapore. And we have over 400 employees and are growing!
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a hands-on Accounts Receivable Analyst to join our Finance team. This role has the opportunity to be an integral piece of a growing company and gain experience in the area of accounts receivable, cash collections, sales tax, and revenue recognition. This role will report to the Accounts Receivable Manager.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Assist in monthly billing process by ensuring timely and accurate invoicing to customers
- Process invoices and sales orders on a regular basis
- Perform customer credit checks
- Monitor collections regularly, focusing on lowering DSO and bad debt
- Ensure accuracy of sales tax charged to customers and assist in regular sales tax filings
- Assist in establishing controls and procedures around the billing cycle
- Work cross functionally with sales operations to ensure proper invoicing to customers
- Perform analytical analysis over KPIs related to billing cycle
WHO YOU ARE
- 1-3 years in an A/R or accounting role
- Knowledge of accounts receivables
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Familiarity with NetSuite, Avalara and Yaypay is a plus
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel
- Highly organized and motivated to grow in a fast pace finance department
- Ability to be flexible and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with other team members
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills and ability to interact with customers
- SaaS experience is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
Complete tech startup vibe including free daily lunches & snacks, group events and top of the line computer setup! A general feeling throughout the office that what you do matters every day.
Collaboration! Complete support from your teammates across all departments and a real “get it done” attitude for our customers.
- Excellent medical insurance and life assurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Daily lunches, snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best.
In addition, this position is non-exempt and is eligible for overtime under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act