Transfix, named to Forbes’ “Next Billion-Dollar Startups” list, is the leading transportation solutions provider whose digital brokerage marketplace and logistics software offerings are helping transform the $800 billion trucking industry. Since its founding in 2013, Transfix has been driven by a mission to deliver simple, smart, and sustainable solutions for shippers and carriers, powered by people and technology.
By combining deep industry expertise and a best in class carrier network with cutting-edge technology, Transfix is reimagining the world of transportation. Fortune 500 companies such as Staples, Unilever, Target and Wayfair rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing, algorithmic matching, superior service, and unmatched intelligence, Transfix is optimizing the supply chain from start to finish. Come leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. Recognized as one of Built In’s Best Places to Work 2021, Transfix is building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We’re hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
If you’re excited about transforming an industry, being part of an innovative culture, and making a positive impact on the environment, send us your resume.
What you'll do:
- Manage collection activities such as sending follow-up inquiries, negotiating with past due accounts, and referring accounts to collection agencies
- Analyze aging reports to identify trends and patterns causing missed collections
- Collaborate with our Sales, Account Managers and Tech team to solve problems identified through the analysis
- Invoice customers through our internal platform and customer portals
- Review billing variances through use of customer portals Take ownership on new customer onboarding and understanding their billing processes
- Research, track and resolve customer chargebacks as needed
- Report status of accounts including provide collection statuses and bad debt write offs, and highlight any potential exposure issues
- Analyze potential customer credit and assist in making decisions with credit limits
- Strong knowledge of Excel (filtering, vlookups, pivot tables, etc)
- Proactive in raising issues and sharing ideas
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, changing work environment
- Curiously minded; always thinking about process improvement (automated or manual) that will improve efficiency
- Resourceful and flexible -- we are constantly evolving and striving for improvements
- Possess strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Knowledge of EDI billing a plus
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-4 years AR experience required
- Enjoys working collaboratively on a team while exhibiting strong sense of ownership
- Enjoys collecting money!
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description