Accounts Receivable Specialist (Contract) at Peloton
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented AR Specialist to join us on a contract basis. The AR Specialist will analyze information, maintain complete and accurate records, assist with routine accounting duties, and provide prompt, courteous responses to inquiries or complaints from Commercial clients. You should also be a skilled researcher and possess strong communication and computer skills.
To succeed as an AR Specialist, candidate must be 100% comfortable interacting with clients, both phone and email communication, regarding their subscriptions, payments, and other discrepancies, as well as scheduling payment calls.
- Prepare, verify, and process billings for customers from Salesforce
- Update our AR Invoice Sent Tracker on a weekly basis
- Enter data into our accounting software
- Properly record, reconcile and apply cash to correct account
- Investigate and resolve any irregularities or inquiries from customers
- Scan physical copies of Commercial/Vendor Refund/Treasury checks into our shared Dropbox file
- Record customer payments (wires and checks) in our Check Register and Cash Transactions file daily
- Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions in the AR tracker and entering them into CMS/the NetSuite ERP system
- Ensure timely collection of payments and follow-up emails for all outstanding invoices.
- Direct interaction with customers on collection matters and dispute resolution.
- Maintain Commercial Subscription Billing inbox traffic
- Maintain client’s contact information is accurate in Salesforce
- Assist with month-end closing
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- 3 years work experience in an Accounts Receivable role
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus but not required
- Ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Excellent data entry skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Effective organizational, stress and time management skills
- Hands on, self-starting, disciplined, and detail oriented individual with ability to work independently in a high-volume environment that requires a work product that is accurate and timely
- Problem-solving attitude
- Have highly developed communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Must be comfortable and exhibit strong customer service skills when dealing with Commercial Clients at all levels
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external parties to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.