Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable Specialist at Cockroach Labs
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We aim to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high and build to last?About the Role
We are hiring an Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable Specialist to join our growing Finance team. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the proper and accurate entry and coding of accounting related transactions, invoices, expense reports, and the timely submission of customer invoices and payments. You will also have the opportunity to build on our processes so that they are scalable as the company grows. You must be based in NYC for this role.You Will
- Invoice customers through our internal platforms
- Manage collection activities such as sending follow-up inquiries to customers and liaising between sales and accounting teams to highlight potential issues
- Analyze potential customer credit worthiness and make recommendations on credit limits
- Process vendor invoices and employee expense claims through our internal payable platforms
- Work with vendors to be their first point of contact for set-up, assistance and support
- Support the accounting team with monthly, quarterly and annual close activities
In your first 30 days, you will learn all about Cockroach Labs, the team's policies and procedures and systems. We believe that it's essential for you to take this first month to become familiar with our infrastructure, technology, and our company.
After 3 months, you'll be integrated into the team and will be a hands on contributor to the Company's day-to-day operations for all things accounts receivable, accounts payable and maybe a few surprises along the way as the finance and accounting team continues to support a scaling business.
After 6 months, you'll be the key contributor for the accounts receivable and accounts payable functions and help continuously shape best-in-class processes and procedures as the team continues their pursuit of excellence!You Have
- 3+ years of AP/AR experience with exposure to a SaaS company
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field or equivalent experience
- Extreme attention to detail, well organized, with excellent skills in managing time and the ability to multitask.
- A positive attitude and self-motivated team player
- Strong knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables and v-lookup formulas
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Reporting to Tom Hannon - Corporate Controller
Tom is a seasoned finance professional, with twenty years of professional experience. Tom earned his accounting and finance qualifications at British academic institutions, and continues to be a registered CPA. Tom has led accounting and finance departments through Vice-president level for major blue-chip organizations, including BMC Software (Houston), Pros Software (Houston) and Openlink (New York), with revenue ranging up to $2.2B and employee counts up to 6,500.
Tom’s hands-on cross discipline expertise allows for best-in-class finance practices including accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, technical accounting, treasury, cash management, payroll, human resources, and FP&A – including raising approximately $2B of debt/equity throughout his career. Most recently, Tom has been a New York resident for five years, and is an active part of the City’s technology scene – taking start-ups from concept through to Series D equity raises, developing businesses on an economic, performance and cultural level along the way. When not working Tom likes to travel, run central park and enjoy the New York City culinary scene.Our Benefits
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected]