Accounts Receivable/Payable Analyst
New York City
At Transfix, our vision is to efficiently move any freight to anyplace in the world over land, sea, or air. We're starting with full truckloads in North America. We work everyday to make logistics effortless, fair, and efficient through the use of software. The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. The culture we're building is one where we challenge the norms of the industry. The team we have is built on the foundation of personal growth, collaboration and experimentation.
We are currently recruiting for an Accounts Receivable/Payable analyst to join our growing Finance team. This role will be AR and AP in terms of time allocation and prioritization. Your performance will be in part tied to working capital KPIs including account’s DSO improvement and percentage aged. Your success will be tied to how well you own the life cycle of your customers ranging from client onboarding (credit risk assessment) to delivery and through to cash collections. We are interested in those who exhibit a sense of curiosity in learning the full life cycle of account analysis and cash collection, and ownership over their work.
Our ideal candidate is more focused on problem solving and collections; always looking for out of the box solutions to increase time on AR while ensuring that our carriers are getting quality and timely AP information. She/he will achieved through personal drive for process optimization and an eagerness to collaborate w/ tech and front office to analyze and understand customers' unique needs. You will also interact closely with the internal team as well as across the organization with Sales and Ops to build a comprehensive understanding/ownership of accounts. Join us in defining the new standard for transportation brokerage.
What you'll do
- Analyze aging reports to identify trends and patterns causing missed collections.
- Collaborate with our Sales, Account Managers and Tech team to solve problems identified through the analysis
- Communicate with our customers on open account receivables
- Invoice customers through our internal platform (which automatically generates a payable to the carrier)
- Research, track and resolve customer/carrier inquiries as needed
- Report to AR Manager on status of accounts including: provide bad debt write offs and highlight any potential “do not work with” accounts
- Manage collection activities such as sending follow-up inquiries, negotiating with past due accounts, and referring accounts to collection agencies.
- Strong knowledge of Excel (filtering, lookups, pivots, etc)
- Proactive in raising issues and sharing ideas
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Curiously minded; always thinking about process improvement (automated or manual) that will improve efficiency
- Resourceful and flexible -- we are constantly evolving and striving for improvements
- Possess strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree required -- concentration in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Enjoys working on a team while exhibiting strong sense of ownership
- Minimum work hours of 9AM - 6PM
- Enjoys collecting money!
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description