Accounts Receivable/Payable Manager
New York City
At Transfix, our vision is to efficiently move any freight to anyplace in the world over land, sea, or air. We’re starting with full truckloads in North America. We work every day to make logistics effortless, fair, and efficient through the use of software. The problems we solve are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. The culture we’re building is one where we challenge the norms of the industry.
We are currently recruiting for one of the key positions at the firm --- a Manager for our Accounts Receivables and Payables. As the AR/AP Manager, you will lead the AR/AP team as well as own the process of improving our DSO and DPO to optimize cash flow. You will ensure that there is a healthy pipeline of invoicing and coordination/communication with our shipper and carrier network to ensure prompt payments. This role is a key liaison across the organization to ensure that each dollar revenue converts timely to a dollar cash. The role will report to the Director of Finance.
We are always looking for innovative approaches to improve core working capital and challenge you to think outside the box to achieve this. Join us in defining the new standard for transportation brokerage.
What you'll do:
- Define the AR strategy and implement plan for improving our cashflow
- Manage AR team and set their goals and targets
- Maintain accurate weekly cash reports
- Standardize processes and procedures and continuously improve operational processes
- Provide Director of Finance with core working capital maximization strategies and be a guardian on our account receivable to ensure appropriate aging (in part defined by bank’s qualified AR criteria)
- Own collections and write-off process and work with our Controller to develop and fine-tune the bad debt analysis
- Work cross-functionally to automate and process improve
- Analyze DSO improvement opportunities and weaknesses in the existing AR
What we are looking for in you:
- Strategic and analytically minded individuals who enjoys getting into data
- Proven track record of improving core working capital and/or balance sheet management
- Experience managing a team; possess strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Comfortable with change and trial and error -- we are a start up and constantly reinventing and redefining what our best practices are
- Resourceful and flexible -- we are disrupting an industry and constantly evolving
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized
- Excel proficiency a must
- Experience with Netsuite, Quickbooks, Bill.com are preferred
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description