Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a global technology and data company that builds verification, optimization, and analytics solutions for the advertising industry and we’re looking for an AI Taxonomist to join our Data Science team. If you are excited by technology that has the power to handle hundreds of thousands of transactions per second; collect tens of billions of events each day; and evaluate thousands of data-points in real-time all while responding in just a few milliseconds, then IAS is the place for you!
As an AI Taxonomist at IAS, you will be part of a team that is a center of innovation for the company and a major contributor to the company's core products. You will collaborate with our product management, UX, and market research teams on the strategic planning and design of taxonomies in the brand safety domain for advertising inventory across open web, social networks, video/CTV, and mobile apps. As part of the new Operations and Governance team within the data science organization, you will be responsible for the defensible implementation, validation, and management of all taxonomies in the media analytics space, supported by either machine learning or rule-based systems. You will bring expertise in following taxonomy management best practices, metadata and vocabulary standards, and build cross-functional relationships. You will be expected to be an experienced taxonomist able to quickly expand knowledge domains.
What you’ll get to do
- Utilize industry best practices for taxonomy development and maintenance.
- Consult with internal product partners to expand our taxonomy to support product and business goals while remaining faithful to underlying structures.
- Represent IAS in industry working groups and other events, managing IAS industry relations.
- Help build out and establish a taxonomy program for brand safety and media quality across multiple channels: open web, video/CTV, mobile apps, social media.
- Influence data labeling processes to support taxonomy-based classification systems
- Train internal editorial resources on best practices in data labelling to support taxonomy-driven machine learning classifiers.
You should apply if you have most of this experience:
- Master’s Degree in Library Science or Information Management, or related disciplines.
- 5+ years of experience in developing taxonomies/or ontologies to support a variety of systems both for front-end and back-end use.
- Must have strong, demonstrable experience building taxonomies for machine learning classification systems.
- Experience with evaluating and implementing taxonomies to support systems such as search systems, content management systems, digital asset management systems, or product classification.
- Experience with a variety of topic/domain types and complexity of taxonomies.
- Experience with systems and business analysis.
- Experience communicating and presenting taxonomy principles and standards.
- Familiarity with languages such as Python and SQL
- Familiarity and interest in cutting-edge issues in advertising technology.
- Experience working in an agile environment, following priorities and business processes.
- Great communication and presentation skills, team oriented.
About Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a global leader in digital media quality. IAS makes every impression count, ensuring that ads are viewable by real people, in safe and suitable environments, activating contextual targeting, and driving supply path optimization.
Our mission is to be the global benchmark for trust and transparency in digital media quality for the world’s leading brands, publishers, and platforms. We do this through data-driven technologies with actionable real-time signals and insight. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in New York, IAS works with thousands of top advertisers and premium publishers worldwide. For more information, visit integralads.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IAS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
California Applicant Pre-Collection Notice:
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment or engagement with IAS, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, commercial information, professional or employment or engagement information, non-public education records, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment or engagement. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at [email protected]
To learn more about us, please visit http://integralads.com/ and https://muse.cm/2t8eGlN
Attention agency/3rd party recruiters: IAS does not accept any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles. If you are interested in becoming an IAS recruiting partner, please send an email introducing your company to [email protected] We will get back to you if there's interest in a partnership.