AML Compliance Manager at Stash
Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving and investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers and building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, and enjoy life.
Stash’s Compliance Team is looking for an AML investigations subject matter expert. The AML Investigator will be responsible for supporting and improving compliance and anti-money laundering processes and controls. This includes monitoring exception reports to identify unusual patterns of activity and writing Suspicious Activity Reports. The investigator will support the AML Compliance Officer in managing risk and monitoring customer behavior to ensure Stash meets its requirements under company policy, the Bank Secrecy Act, FinCEN guidance, SEC rules, and FINRA regulations.
Stash’s compliance function is comprised of a diverse array of academic and professional backgrounds, and we encourage each of our team members to strive for world-class performance. Compliance selects for candidates who possess high degrees of open-mindedness, conscientiousness, and equanimity.What you’ll do:
- Review daily reports/alerts and escalate suspicious activity patterns or trends
- Document rationale and file Suspicious Activity Reports as necessary
- Support program-wide investigations through gathering data and/or documentation
- Receive and triage referrals from internal partners
- Assist with training and quality reviews of new team member
- 5+ years of experience in Financial Crime Compliance. Experience in investigations and transaction monitoring a plus.
- Highly-developed interpersonal skills and an aptitude for building strong relationships with stakeholders through the use of engaging, courteous, and persuasive communication styles.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and prioritize key initiatives and related tasks
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and an aptitude for thinking clearly.
- Exemplary attention to detail, exceptional analytical skills, and strong judgment skills.
- Working knowledge of digital banking channels, including mobile and other web-based technologies
- CAMS/CFE designation
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Stocked fridges & kitchens and catered lunch on Fridays
- Thursday happy hours
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019)
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- Built in NYC’s Startups to Watch (2018)
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" (2018)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.