Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the role:
We are looking for a Financial Analyst to join our growing Financial Planning and Analysis team. This role will focus on revenue forecasting and includes playing a key role in the annual budget cycle, monthly reporting, development of variance analyses, and other ad-hoc analyses. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis, and will also work closely with the rest of Finance as well as with various other teams across the company. Candidates are expected to have a high aptitude and enthusiasm for conducting financial analysis, desire to understand the business, show initiative by identifying and solving problems, the ability to thrive in fast paced environments, and work with remote teams and independently.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Play a key role in the revenue forecasting and annual budget planning processes
- Own parts of forecast model preparation, maintenance and analysis
- Develop a deep understanding of the business, KPIs, drivers of variances, etc.
- Prepare summaries on short and long-term revenue forecasts, and conduct variance analysis versus prior forecast and budget
- Assist with the reporting of financial results, and quantify financial risks, opportunities and insights to the business
- Work with Sales Operations and Business Intelligence teams on enriching Salesforce and Tableau KPI dashboards
- Collaborate with Accounting on month-end accruals and monthly close process
- Support implementation of new financial reporting systems to improve forecasting process
- Project Support, on an ad-hoc basis, as a finance partner to the broader organization as needed
- 1-3 years of related work experience (financial planning and analysis, corporate finance, accounting)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or other quantitative field
- Advanced Excel, financial modeling and PowerPoint presentation skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of forecasting and financial statement analysis
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills with superb attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and exceed expectations in a fast-paced, dynamic, ambiguous environment
- Comfortable working with remote teams located on both East and West Coast
- Experience with Salesforce, Tableau, and/or Netsuite is a plus
- Experience in SaaS/Growth company environment is a plus
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.