Analyst, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
The Finance team wears many hats – as analysts, strategists, forecasters and liaisons to Wall Street. Whether it’s providing analysis to support business decisions, managing the financial needs of an innovation-focused organization, or partnering across the company to drive results, our passion is providing the analytical horsepower and funding to support OnDeck’s strategic plan. We’re results focused, but love our jobs and are always having fun – and we like it that way.
This role presents an exciting opportunity to start your career at OnDeck. The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team acts as a strategic partner to the business, helping drive growth and optimal financial outcomes. The Analyst on the FP&A team will play a vital role in assisting with the company’s short-term and long-term financial forecasting, process optimization and key strategic initiatives. This role requires a highly motivated professional who is excited to make a significant impact and is comfortable working with senior leaders and cross functional teams. This is a highly visible role and will be a key asset in the future growth of the company.
As a member of the Financial Planning & Analysis team, you will:
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional business partners to compile the monthly forecast by updating financial models with an integrated set of assumptions, financial statements and metrics.
- Analyze finance performance and share analysis versus prior forecast and actual results for key financial metrics and business drivers. This includes driving the completion of monthly management reporting packages to the leadership team and quarterly board presentations.
- Assist in streamlining processes, automating financial models and updating internal controls to reduce cycle time for key financial processes in a fast pace environment.
- Provide financial modeling and analysis to support strategic initiatives and ad-hoc projects.
- Partner with business leaders on executing key priorities related to managing operating expenses and real estate projects.
Qualifications for success:
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting or economics
- 2-3 years of professional experience within a corporate finance (FP&A) function, investment banking or strategic finance role
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be highly motivated and self-driven with the ability to move projects forward independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates the ability to achieve timely and accurate output consistently
- High-energy, relationship-focused and ability to work well in collaborative environment
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, creative spirit
- Excellent time management skills / ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- A desire to grow professionally and drive to succeed
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**