Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Novi, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
We are looking for an Assistant Controller to join our rapidly growing FinTech Company. The Assistant Controller will manage and facilitate the accurate preparation of the Company’s financial statements and the month-end closing process. The ideal candidate is process driven, technically sound and a great team player and coach.
As a Assistant Controller, you'll get to
- Manage the monthly and quarterly financial closing process
- Manage and lead members of our growing accounting team
- Supervise the daily accounting operations including A/R, A/P and cash management
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility, including preparation of audit schedules
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and international statutory reporting requirements
- Conduct other ad-hoc and special projects as needed
- Prepare high quality work papers and supporting schedules
- Participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of accounting policies and internal controls
- Assist in designing new processes and enhance existing ones, implement new and scalable processes to support the company’s growth, and drive continuous improvement
- Meet internal and external reporting requirements
Your experience should include:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience with a combination of public accounting (audit) and private company accounting. Start-up or tech company experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, CPA license required
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Experience managing an accounting team
- Proficiency with NetSuite ERP or other cloud based accounting software required
- Drive to continuously improve the accounting operations, controls and financial reporting processes including leverage our systems and technologies to improve workflows and scalability
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Ability to work well independently as well as the ability to work well with stakeholders
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been named as a “Best Place to Work” by BuiltIn and was listed on the 2021 Forbes Fintech 50. All of our employees have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a $500 quarterly stipend for development, a $500 stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- USDP Stablecoin Chosen for Facebook's Pilot of Novi Digital Wallet
- Forbes Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 50
- Paxos Supports Interactive Brokers' Journey into Crypto Markets
- CB Insights Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 250 for Crypto Category
- Paxos Supports Flourish Crypto
- Paxos National Trust Receives OCC Conditional Approval for De Novo Charter
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more open, trusted economy.