Assistant Controller at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is a new type of healthcare company, operating out of Brooklyn and backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs, along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we bring the capability to deliver care in the home and neighborhood with our field-based teams.
In close collaboration with community based organizations and a leading commercial partner, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. We deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services through a network of neighborhood hubs with deep community-based partnerships and world-class technology.
We partner with payers and at-risk providers, taking capitated financial risk to care for their most vulnerable, high and rising risk members. Additionally, we invest in strategic partnerships with community-based and social services organizations, in some instances bringing them into the value equation through sub-capitation and performance-based compensation.
Over the next year we’ll grow quickly, including entering new markets, each with their own commercial relationships and field-based teams. This role will be a key contributor to the success of our business.
We’re seeking an entrepreneurial Controller to join our growing team. In this role, you’ll support the build of FP&A, corporate finance, treasury, corporate development, and investor and regulatory reporting infrastructures to enable rapid scale. Success requires unusual analytical rigor, depth of financial know-how, and an ownership mentality.
In this role as the third full-time member of our Finance group, you will work closely with the executive team, business leaders across the company and markets, and directly contribute to the design and build of our growing Finance function. We are rapidly developing capabilities across accounting, FP&A, treasury, corporate finance, capital budgeting, audit and tax, risk management and regulatory and investor reporting, and require capable generalists with extraordinary attention to detail and a great work ethic to push our business forward.
- Manage our outsourced accounting team to ensure timely and accurate delivery of financial performance
- Manage audit & lead control for the company
- Help develop our Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) capabilities to enable real-time transparency for leadership into the company’s financial condition and forecasts. This includes development of our multi-state, multi-entity consolidated financial models, with many tens of millions of dollars of risk-based revenue and associated cost centers annually
- Invest cash reserves, ensure proper regulatory reserves are maintained, and optimize sources of reserves for capital efficiency
- Work directly with our operations team to evaluate and underwrite the development of our care model: Create financial projections, sensitivity models, and scalable workflows to empower our clinical staff in their delivery of novel care programs
- Work directly with our Data and Insights team to inject financial perspective into our company-wide operating dashboards. Drive unit economic insights and performance metrics into the heart of every business conversation at the company
- Enable the roll-out of a new financial stack in 2019 which implements a modern SAAS architecture, as well as flexible, extensible, scalable and intuitive reporting suites to provide effective reporting for multi-entity, multi-state, multi-site, risk-based operations
- Work closely with a cross-functional slice of leaders across the company, including Growth, Operations, Legal and the C-Suite
You’d be a good fit if:
- You 3+ years of relevant experience
- You want to use your finance and accounting skills to make a difference
- You are excited by the idea of building the finance infrastructure of a fast-growing, complex company with an innovative business model
- You are interested in any of: healthcare, risk, insurance and technology
- You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves
- You are extremely meticulous yet flexible and creative
- You are hard-working and detail-oriented
- Strong experience in financial accounting and control is a must
- Experience with enterprise accounting systems and FP&A suites desired
- Familiarity with AP/AR and GAAP accounting are also desired
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic