Assistant Controller at Orchard
Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 400 employees and growing. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for an experienced Assistant Controller to join our growing Accounting team. The Assistant Controller will be responsible for a wide range of activities, including day to day accounting, monthly/quarterly/annual closes, financial analysis, financial policies, and overseeing the Accounting team. In this role you will need expertise in GAAP and experience with implementing accounting policies and procedures.
This is a full-time role that will report into the Controller and be based out of our growing New York City office.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Manage monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly, year-end financials that are compliant with GAAP and company policies
- Assist with the development, implementation, and documentation of internal controls
- Maintain and assist with developing key financial policies
- Support monthly departmental reporting
- Perform monthly budget vs actual analysis
- Work closely with external auditors on engagements
- Supervise and continue to develop accounting staff
- Assist the Controller on ad-hoc projects
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- 7+ years of accounting experience
- Extensive understanding of GAAP and SOX
- Prior experience managing a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Netsuite a plus
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're currently working from home until it's safe for employees to return to the office. We anticipate returning later this year and are excited to welcome people back to our offices and see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.