About Galaxy Digital
Galaxy Digital is a diversified financial services firm dedicated to the digital asset, cryptocurrency and blockchain technology industry. As one of the most well-capitalized and trusted companies in the industry, Galaxy Digital is a publicly listed company on the TSX and operates five synergistic business lines: Trading (arbitrage, macro, market making/OTC), Asset Management (passive and active strategies, including venture capital), Principal Investing, Investment Banking Services (capital markets and M&A) and Mining (proprietary mining and mining finance). Galaxy Digital’s CEO and Founder Michael Novogratz leads a team of institutional veterans focused on this high-growth, technology-driven space. The company is headquartered in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, Hong Kong, London, Chicago, the Cayman Islands (registered office) and New Jersey.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience in an analytical role, with a strong financial services background and who is proficient with Python. The incumbent will utilize their technology skills to help design and implement analytics and management reporting to provide insights into Galaxy’s businesses.
- Automate the generation of .xlsx reports and automated email reports
- Create dashboards for data visualization to be consumed by the senior leadership team
- Analyze large data sets using Python
- Support the finance team and senior leadership by delivering ad hoc analyses
- Assist in the design, testing and roll-out of production systems to support the growing business
- Work to improve the efficiency of processes through automation
- Intellectually curious self-starter, comfortable ambiguity and a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player with a can-do attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong appetite for problem solving in a high growth business
- Basic understanding of accounting, and derivatives contracts (options & futures)
- Proficiency with Python including Python packages: pandas, numpy, matplotlib, scikit-learn
- Knowledge of how to query SQL server database and write SQL code and stored procedures
- Familiarity with Django or Flask framework
- Github workflow, virtual environment setup
- Understanding of devops workflow
- Ability to interface with REST/Websocket APIs
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Galaxy Digital seeks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or pregnancy), sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking, arrest or conviction record, his or her sexual and other reproductive health decisions, or other protected status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.