Associate, Real Estate Property Accounting at WeWork Technology
ARK Capital Advisors
ARK Capital Advisors, (“ARK”) is an affiliate of The We Company and serves as its new global real estate acquisition and management platform based in New York City. ARK’s focus is acquiring, developing, and managing select real estate assets in global gateway cities and high-growth secondary markets.
ARK collaborates with The We Company to apply The We Company’s existing, new, and developing products and methods of community and space management to ARK owned real estate and leverage The We Company’s relationships with partners and enterprise member companies to create vibrant fully programmed ecosystems.
ARK is currently seeking a Real Estate Accounting Associate with approximately 3 to 5 years of real estate accounting experience to assist with the financial management of its real estate investments including client and internal reporting requirements. The Real Estate Accounting Associate will work closely with an experienced group of professionals while executing all aspects of real estate financial analysis, accounting, taxation, internal controls, and property management oversight. This is an opportunity for someone who enjoys working in an environment that is creative, mission-driven, results-oriented, and community-focused.
- Own documentation in support of, various accounting attributes of the Fund/Investments, including accounting treatment and structure of transactions, assessing, and documenting, accounting impacts
- Perform consolidation, business combination, and derivative analyses and formalizing into accounting memos
- Assist in financial due diligence for acquisitions by working with various ARK departments, third parties, sellers, JV partners, legal counsel, etc.
- Work with the members of ARK’s Asset Management team to coordinate third-party appraisal, valuation, property condition, and other reports
- Calculate and maintain key investment vehicle metrics, including net asset values, internal rates of return, carried interest, management fee payments, and other relevant financial metrics
- Support accurate and timely reporting of all quarterly investor reporting requirements under all applicable contractual and other obligations
- Collaborate with internal personnel and external accounting advisors and other specialists to support key projects and initiatives, and support management of the group’s relationships with third-party accounting advisors
- Facilitate year-end audited financial statement processes and any interim testing
- Assist in the preparation of annual and quarterly financial statements, investor information statements, and lender information statements for the group. This includes financial statement disclosures, journal entries, ledger accounts, and related documentation
- Support cash and liquidity management and cash flow forecasting processes
- Manage bank accounts and operational banking relationships, including weekly and monthly cash reconciliations
- Execute payments and cash transfers
- Support development and implementation of policies and procedures for cash management operations, bank account management, and other financial operations activities
- Actively participate in annual and long-range strategic financial planning processes and initiatives
- Support financial modeling and research initiatives
- Contribute to financial planning and analysis projects and ad-hoc analysis for senior management as part of the group’s Finance Department
- Client Service/Relations support including; providing data/information for marketing, due diligence, clients and consultant requests
- Research and resolve technical and other accounting issues and prepare and maintain relevant documentation
- Bachelor’s degree with major in accounting
- 3+ years of accounting experience, preferably with high-growth organizations in the real estate investment and asset management sector
- Understanding of investment structures, asset financials, and property agreements (development, partnership, purchase, and sale agreements, etc.)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of U.S. GAAP accounting, internal controls, and financial reporting concepts relevant to the real estate sector
- Proven experience with financial modeling techniques and valuation methods used by analysts and investors in the real estate sector, and thorough understanding of key industry metrics used by those stakeholders
- Understanding of Fair Market Value accounting
- Proven ability to prepare accounting memos by reviewing agreements and applying appropriate accounting guidance
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong solutions-oriented analytical and verbal/written communication skills, particularly in respect of data analysis and reporting and communicating complicated accounting concepts to non-expert colleagues and other parties
- Service-oriented, strong listening skills and the desire to achieve shared success
- Ability to work in many roles within the team framework (leader, support, co-worker, back-up for peers)
- Results-driven, user-centric, innovative, and comfortable in a highly complex and high-growth environment
- Big 4 or large multinational in-house accounting department experience
- Experience in Real Estate investment accounting platforms such as MRI or YARDI
- Understanding of international real estate accounting standards including regulatory and financial reporting
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.