Associate, Revenue Cycle at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
As the Revenue Cycle Associate, you will play a critical role in building out a best-in-class Revenue Cycle Management program within our Burden of Illness (i.e., Risk Adjustment) function and creating a model of care focused on quality and health outcomes. You will work closely with our Value-Based Services, Market, Finance, and Compliance teams to contribute to the Revenue Cycle program and ensure our billing processes are optimized and operate smoothly. In addition, you’ll also:
- Support Revenue Cycle Manager in identifying process improvement opportunities by developing a firm understanding of workflows, best practices, and current bottlenecks
- Assist with the build and presentation of progress / performance reports to leadership across the organization
- Help with maintaining and growing the current knowledge of our billing systems and processes
- Participate in managing and tracking all KPIs related to billing and claims submission
- Partner with external teams to reconcile financial reports, fee schedules, payor trends, and A/R measurement metrics
- Assist with resolving claim denials and implementing continuous process improvement to reduce denial rate
Requirements for the Role:
- You have 2+ years of revenue cycle management, process improvement or workflow implementations experience
- Certified Revenue Cycle Representative (CRCR) or Certified Professional Coder (CPC) credential is preferred
- You flourish in fast-paced environments, work independently, and can identify your own opportunities for success
- You have great attention to detail, are data-driven, and is tech-savvy
- You have a willingness to learn and dig into details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and critical thinking skills
- Strong ability to effectively build relationships and collaborate with internal and external partners
How We Define Success:
- Contribute to ensuring the claims submission process is seamless and all rejections and denials are worked in a timely manner
- Able to provide visibility into our revenue cycle performance via clear reporting and metrics
- Identifies opportunities to continuously enhance and grow our revenue cycle program
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.