Audit & Exam Director at Paxos
Paxos was founded in 2012 as the first institutional and regulated crypto-exchange, our founding team quickly realized there was an opportunity to establish ourselves as the trusted leader in digital assets. By creating regulated digital assets like our USD-backed stablecoin PAX, we’re giving customers the chance to process their financial transactions in safer, faster and more cost-effective ways. We’re also building solutions for some of the world’s best-known financial institutions to settle day-to-day transactions faster, cheaper and with the most modern technology. We believe the global financial system has relied too long on closed infrastructure and outdated technologies - it's time for a change.
Trustworthiness is at the heart of what we do: as a regulated company, we are dedicated to creating trust with our customers. As we continue to grow, we are investing heavily in our internal control operations. We are opening a role for an Internal Audit Director to join our New York office, reporting directly to our Head of Strategic Initiatives, and working with a number of key stakeholder groups across the business. This is a senior, individual contributor role and will oversee the assessment, planning, implementation and scaling of our various audit and exam practices and policies.
- Manage the oversight and execution of internal audits, SOC and regulatory examinations
- Provide reporting to the Board of Directors and its Audit Committee, internal and external auditors, regulatory agencies, and industry audit officials
- Prepare and implement a risk-based annual audit plan to assess adequacy and effectiveness of operational and risk management controls along with financial reporting
- Collaborate with Chief Risk Officer and functional leads to support the development of the annual audit plan based on the enterprise risk assessment
- Oversee issue tracking and validate closure of issues, including MRA validation
- Help the different functions to recognize and understand risk and control and create and execute plans to improve these issues
- Evaluate testing results, complete root cause analysis of issues and identify opportunities for process and control enhancements
You should have:
- A minimum of ten years’ experience working in Internal Audit /Risk Management in the financial services industry or minimum of 7 years of Big 4 public accounting experience
- The ability to juggle multiple priorities and manage through ambiguity
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Risk Management or related field, or commensurate work experience
- Extensive knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- Experience managing and executing audits and regulatory examinations
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work cross functionally
Nice to have
- Chartered Public Accountant (CPA) certification
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certification
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds and experience in banking, startups, tech giants, and big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 110 employees across offices in New York, London and Singapore and have big plans for our growth. We’re looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working and intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers and regulators can trust. We’re committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open and accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets and those who don’t want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, INTL FCStone and Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, and employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor and a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do and influence how we communicate and collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, and ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, and family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in and out of office.) In addition to the benefits and perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real and measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us:
The Paxos Blog
Paxos Raises $142MM Series C
The Future of Paypal and Paxos Partnership
Unchained Podcast: Paxos’s Partnership With PayPal
Paxos in 2020: A Year in Review
Most Influential in 2020 CEO Feature
Paxos Founder on CNBC’s Mad Money