Auto Insurance Editor at Policygenius
About the role….
We’re helping people get the protection they need and feel good about it. But what if you have no clue what you need? Can’t tell a deductible from a drainpipe? Never fear! The Policygenius content team is here. Content at Policygenius serves to build consumer awareness and provide decision support with the ultimate goal of helping readers become customers. This is a potentially long journey from discovery to education to action.
The Auto Insurance Editor will help write and edit a library of best-in-class educational content for decision support across multiple insurance verticals. This role will report into the Deputy Managing Editor and work closely with our Associate Director of SEO Content to grow organic search traffic to our Learn Centers. The Auto Insurance Editor will play a key part in delivering on Policygenius’ mission.
In this role, you will…
- Write and edit the best explainer content on the internet about home, renters, and auto insurance (with more to come!)
- Collaborate with our SEO Managing Editors and Associate Director of SEO Content on keyword strategy for our Learn Center content
- Refresh and optimize our Learn Center content in line with our plan to grow organic traffic to existing pages
- Successfully grow search traffic and increase conversion rates to product pages
We’d love to hear from you if…
- 1+ years experience writing and editing insurance or editorial content for a digital publication
- A passion for editing and making financial protection information accessible, easy to digest and even (gasp!) fun to read
- Basic knowledge of insurance and personal finance fundamentals — you’d be comfortable giving advice to your friends and family
- Familiarity with SEO best practices as they pertain to content
- Comfort collaborating with stakeholders from different departments such as SEO and Marketing
- Analytical and editorial sensibilities — you nerd out on your research but make your writing simple and clear
- Ability to get the information you need — knowledge of where to pull industry reports & resources you might need in writing company reviews, state guides, etc
- Experience tracking traffic and keyword growth and reporting progress to your team
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!