Our mission: to eliminate every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is the leading comprehensive mental health benefit for employers. We help employees understand their mental health issues and connect with best-in-class providers to get the right treatment at the right time.
From early detection to full recovery, Spring Health is the only clinically validated solution in the market proven to be more effective than traditional mental healthcare. By combining the latest technology with vetted providers, we help engage 1 in 3 employees, reduce recovery times, and lower healthcare costs. We are an award-winning, passionate, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in psychiatry. We have raised over $300 million to date from prominent investors including Kinnevik, Tiger Global, Northzone, RRE Ventures, Rethink Impact, Work-Bench, William K Warren Foundation, SemperVirens, Able Partners, True Capital Ventures, and a strategic investor Guardian Life Insurance. Thanks to their partnership, our current valuation has reached $2 billion.
We are looking for an experienced Benefits & Payroll Manager based in New York City to join our team. You will partner closely with our Finance and People Operations teams to build and iterate our internal processes to ensure a seamless experience for our salaried and hourly employees.
What you’ll be doing
- Act as the main point of contact for our employees under a PEO. This includes approving payroll invoices, payroll tax compliance, benefits (including 401k), bonuses & commissions.
- In future, manage & lead the PEO roll-off and building of new internal processes.
- Execute timely and accurate processing of payroll and direct deposits via PEO for approximately 300+ employees and national contract providers.
- Perform full-cycle payroll on a semi-monthly basis, including various reconciliations to ensure accurate payments every cycle.
- Perform timely off-cycle payments for terminations by preparing and administering final checks within state regulatory guidelines.
- Perform on and off-cycle payrolls as needed, including for commissions and bonuses.
- Partner with the accounting team by providing them the required detail and, if applicable, journal entries to record payroll in the general ledger
- Ensure Payroll systems have accurate data and agree with other systems (ie HRIS, 401(k) provider, etc)
- Set up and maintain employer state registrations for payroll as needed
- Ensure compliance with relevant compensation laws and internal policiesAssist with internal/external Payroll audits and compliance reporting including, but not limited to, 401(k) and Workers Compensation.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with business partners for process improvements and efficiencies.
What we expect from you:
- Experience driving a PEO roll-off & building of internal processes
- Minimum 5-7 years of payroll & benefits experience
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to deliver accurate results under strict deadlines
- The highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Experience in a fast-paced, startup environment is highly valued
- A penchant for problem solving and a proactive, self starter approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using G-Suite., with high proficiency in Microsoft Excel or ideally, Google Sheets
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance or other related field
Why you'll like working at Spring Health:
- High caliber team: make an impact on something that truly helps people alongside an incredible team
- Big mission: we're revolutionizing the mental health industry
- Big market and big upside in sales: Our product has strong product-market fit in a huge market with strong demand
- The challenge: make a big impact by joining a fast-growing team in its early stages
- We care about diversity: diversity allows us to build an excellent patient experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, we take our values at Spring Health seriously:
Members Come First We are genuine member advocates.
Move Fast to Change Lives We build with urgency and intention.
Take Ownership We extend trust and hold ourselves accountable.
Embrace Diverse Teams & Perspectives We find strength in the diversity of cultural backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
Science Will Win We will achieve impact by innovation and evidence based frameworks.
Candor with Care We are open, honest and empathetic.
Spring Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. Spring Health is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Read Full Job Description