Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
Stack Overflow is searching for a detail-oriented, analytical Accounts Receivable Specialist to assist the department in billing and collections. The Accounts Receivable Specialist will work closely with clients and internal departments to ensure that accounts are properly billed and that payments are posted timely.
What you'll be doing
- Ensure all invoices agree to underlying customer contracts and sales orders.
- Prepare and issue client invoices based upon agreed billing cycles. Generate ad-hoc invoices as required.
- Researches, resolves and processes customer claims/credits for invoices in conjunction with internal partners.
- Investigate and resolve any billing discrepancies.
- Responsible for resolving all external and internal billing and collections enquiries.
- Prepares A/R related month-end workpapers including performing balance sheet reconciliations.
- Conducts analyses of AR aging to identify overdue/delinquent accounts, contacts customers regarding overdue accounts and documents weekly collection activities ensuring that A/R days outstanding is consistent with internal collections targets.
- Maintains integrity of billing records by ensuring accuracy of data and processing internal requests for updates in a timely manner.
- Matching customers payments to open invoices and reconciling discrepancies.
- Key contributor to the ongoing development and improvement of internal processes and policies for the AR function.
- Assists with ensuring that the A/R process and system documentation remains current.
What you'll need to have:
- Minimum 3 years of related experience.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable, energetic.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working with different departments outside of the accounting team (e.g. sales and revenue operations).
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Proactive approach to problem solving and ability to initiate and effect change.
- Willing to learn new things, be open to challenges.
- Growth mindset with an eagerness to grow and take on additional responsibilities in the Accounting Team.
- CPA, ACCA or working towards those qualifications.
Nice to Have (but by no means a requirement)
- Sage Intacct experience is a plus.
- Zuora billing experience is a plus.
- Salesforce experience is a plus.
- An understanding of ASC 606 revenue recognition standards is a plus.
- Public accounting experience is a plus.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (12-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our office (re-opening June 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.