Billing & Collections Analyst
Our mission is to serve cancer patients and our customers by dramatically improving treatment and accelerating research. Our team is building a disruptive, oncology-specific software platform that connects cancer centers across the world on a common technology infrastructure to address key healthcare challenges. Today, the Flatiron Health OncologyCloud™ platform includes the industry-leading electronic medical record for oncology, a first-of-its-kind analytics tool, patient portal, and integrated billing management. Our goal is to help cancer centers and life science companies leverage real-world oncology data at a scale and clinical depth never before seen, to advance cancer care and accelerate research.
The Finance team is responsible for preparing accurate financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and working with cross functional teams to manage financial risks and make our goals achievable. We work in a fast-paced environment with significant volume of customer transactions. In order to scale with the growth of the company, we are constantly building new processes and improving existing ones. As a member of this team, the Billings & Collections Analyst will be working closely with the Revenue Team and will be responsible for maintaining all billing and collections related activities for our SaaS line of business.
- Generate invoices in NetSuite ERP based on pre-defined billing events.
- Perform detailed review of billing terms, opportunity setup in Salesforce and billing setup in NetSuite for all new contracts, as needed
- Process adjustments, credit memos and write-offs
- Respond and resolve all customer and internal stakeholder related AR inquires in a timely fashion
- Partner with the customer success team to resolve customer disputes, provide assistance with information requests and develop streamlined processes
- Perform collection duties (calls, emails, payment application and coordination with customers and internal teams) to maintain low days sales outstanding (DSO) metrics
- Assist on projects/ initiatives that focus on strengthening our internal control environment as well as creating more efficient ways to process transactions
- 3+ years of performing billings and collections in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured environment, with a desire to improve existing processes and help the team build new processes
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines
- Ability to think on your feet and change or adapt to an ambiguous situation
- Goal-oriented, mature, logical, strategic, polished, nuanced, and a quick-learner
- Passionate about healthcare and the fight against cancer
- Experience working at a SaaS or start up environment
- Experience with Netsuite ERP and Salesforce.com