Billing & Collections Analyst
We're looking for a Billing & Collections Analyst to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the Finance Team to working closely with the Revenue Team and will be responsible for maintaining all billing and collections related activities for our SaaS line of business. You'll be responsible for preparing accurate financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and working with cross functional teams to manage financial risks and make our goals achievable. In addition, you'll also:
- Generate invoices in NetSuite ERP based on predefined billing events.
- Perform detailed review of billing terms, opportunity setup in Salesforce and billing setup in NetSuite for all new contracts, as needed
- Process adjustments, credit memos and write-offs
- Respond and resolve all customer and internal stakeholder related AR inquires in a timely fashion
- Partner with the customer success team to resolve customer disputes, provide assistance with information requests and develop streamlined processes
- Perform collection duties (calls, emails, payment application and coordination with customers and internal teams) to maintain low days sales outstanding (DSO) metrics
- Assist on projects/ initiatives that focus on strengthening our internal control environment as well as creating more efficient ways to process transactions
Who You Are
You're a collaborative Billing & Collections Analyst with 3+ years of experience. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured environment, with a desire to improve existing processes and help the team build new processes
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines
- Ability to think on your feet and change or adapt to an ambiguous situation
- Goal-oriented, mature, logical, strategic, polished, nuanced, and a quick-learner
- Passionate about healthcare and the fight against cancer
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- Experience working at a SaaS or start up environment
- Experience with Netsuite ERP and Salesforce.com
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.