Billing Team Lead
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Team:
Customer Experience lives and breathes our mission of empowering our customers to feel amazing. We've been called fit gurus, personal stylists, shipping virtuosos, and even fashion therapists. From styling advice to troubleshooting orders to offering a confidence boost when needed, we're ready to help with anything. Customer Experience is truly the heart of our business and has a major impact on our continued success.
About the Job:
As the Billing Team Lead, you will oversee our billing team in Secaucus, NJ, working with third parties, risk services, and partner cross-functionally with our operations, security, and finance teams. Your primary focus with be motivating and managing a team of highly motivated and enthusiastic Associates, providing coaching and mentorship to exceed our goals. You will also be an expert on our internal systems, processes, and technology and actively assist associates to ensure timely resolution and consistency for customers. You should be comfortable on the frontlines with customers (phone, email, live chat) as well as working with leadership to escalate and resolve issues.
What You’ll Do:
- Own end-to-end customer processes for billing and inventory recovery, including monitoring potential fraud and handling all late fees, billing questions, and invoice requests
- Build a customer-centric team, focused on LTV, while balancing operational efficiency and overall performance
- Partner closely with our Finance and Security teams to build the process for recovering accounts and inventory, utilizing third party services and internal products to identify risk
- Establish customer-first culture and be a point of escalation for customer issues while ensuring all compliance and company policies are being met
- Work with CX Leadership to enhance training and customer facing language relating to billing issues and inventory recovery
- Review and process unreconciled items to ensure customer account accuracy and to support reconciliation reporting
- You have 3+ years experience in a customer-centric (B2C or B2B) claims, billing or payment recovery role
- You have 2+ years of people leadership experience
- Experience with Tableau preferred; experience with Kustomer is a plus
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work well under ambiguous conditions
- Proven track record building and updating team processes, based on both company and industry changes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or commensurate experience
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.