Business FP&A Analyst - Technology & Product at Haven Technologies (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Haven Technologies has built deep capabilities in the life, annuity and disability insurance spaces. And now, our tech is your tech.
The same purpose-built platform and expertise that have helped us delight customers, transform complex, advisor-driven businesses, and launch groundbreaking products with speed are available to everyone as a SaaS offering. Insurance carriers can use our advanced solutions for new business, in-force management and product development.
But Haven Technologies is not just, well, all about technology. Our people and culture make our product. We believe magic happens when people have an opportunity to work with amazing colleagues and build things that matter.
As a team made of over 300+ dreamers, possibility-seekers and difference-makers, we are focused on taking on challenging problems to create simple, more accessible, and more customer centric solutions. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too. If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you. Curious about what it’s like to work with us? Read about our culture and values here!
Let’s change the future of life insurance. Together.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
Haven Technologies is looking for a Business Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst - Technology & Product to join our growing Finance team. The Finance team is responsible for developing the organization’s financial business model; creating pricing and revenue models; establishing and tracking key financial metrics & indicators; driving accountability at all levels and ensuring that the financials are accurate and timely. The Finance team partners closely with leaders across several functions of the organization. We are looking for someone to join us in driving the mission of the Finance organization.
The Business Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst - Technology & Product will assist our FP&A team with managing the financial processes for the Haven Tech and Product Teams. This person will work closely with the Technology and Product teams to provide direct planning, forecasting, reporting, analytical, and strategic financial support.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Assist with annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting for theTechnology and Product teams
- Support monthly close process through partnership with Accounting as well as the FP&A team
- Establish business relationships across the Technology and Product while being a key FP&A contact for the broader team
- Provide senior management with insightful analyses to explain trends / variances
- Develop and improve upon recurring reporting processes and assist in KPI preparation and analysis
- Continuously look to increase efficiency through processes automation
- Run ad-hoc analyses for cross-functional leaders and management
- Labor/Headcount planning, forecasting and management
- Spending and cost financial management
- 3+ years in FP&A, corporate finance or investment banking
- Bachelor’s degree (finance, business, economics, accounting or mathematics preferred)
- You are advanced in Excel / financial modeling skills; advanced experience working with data visualization tools (e.g. Looker) is a plus
- You have industry experience in SaaS-based technology companies or a high growth technology company
- You are a proactive and highly organized self-starter, able to work independently and under tight deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
- You have excellent communication/collaboration skills, particularly the ability to explain complex concepts to non-financial audiences; the role involves building strong relationships across the organization
- You have a high aptitude and enthusiasm for creating new reports to drive insight into business KPIs and are able to build out the process for the organization
- You are entrepreneurial minded and driven self-starter with the ability to learn on the job
- You are intellectually curious, proactively seeks to learn new things and drive improvements
- While we’re all working from home these days, you must have the ability to work from our NYC location full time when we return to the office.
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
We believe that one of the benefits to working here is our people and culture! We’re proud to share that we’ve been consistently named a top workplace by Great Places to Work (#11 Best Workplaces in New York, #15 Best Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance) and BuiltIn (Top 10 Best Midsize Company to Work For in NYC)!
As part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include sharing information in our vaccine record tool, vaccination or regular testing, mask-wearing, social distancing, and daily health checks. Requirements may change in the future with evolving public health landscape. Haven Technologies will consider all legally required exemptions and accommodation requests.