Business Operations Associate
About The Role:
The Revenue Optimization team focuses on building the foundations for pricing / yield management and inventory optimizations through state-of-the-art analytics and predictive modeling. The group acts as an in-house consulting team analyzing data to define strategies and execute on initiatives that will maximize the revenue streams for WeWork.
The Technology team at WeWork is looking for passionate, self-starting, organized and team-oriented Operations Associate. The ideal candidate is eager to play the important supporting role of growing and supporting a team, has stellar communication skills, and has the ability to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
The Mission Operations Associate is responsible for helping to maintain and facilitate operational processes for the team. The ideal candidate will support day to day tasks, meeting facilitation, long term initiatives, and handle cross-organizational communications as needed.
Responsibilities People Operations
- Coordinate with HR and leadership regarding job requisitions, new hires, and organizational changes.
- Ensure there is adequate space and equipment for the team.
- Organize and coordinate logistics and communication for team moves.
- Help coordinate on-boarding and off-boarding process for employees.
- Create content and maintain Mission-specific on-boarding both with hiring manager and on Connect.
- Partner with our HR partners in strategic workforce planning, organizational efficiency, and health.
- Ensure recruiting process is followed and contribute to continuous improvement of processes.
- Encourage recognition of star performers.
Employee Events and Culture
- Plan and execute some of the most energizing and loved team-wide events that build community, expertise, and innovation (e.g., hackathons, lunch and learns, all-hands meetings, demos, off-sites).
- Create budget and organize department outings.
- Celebrate milestones (birthdays, anniversaries etc).
- Collect feedback and present it to the team as needed.
- Organize and execute Mission all-hands, demos, etc.
- Be the steward of our team culture by maintaining a productive and fun environment for the team.
Procurement /Program Management
- Run our budget, in close collaboration with our central finance partners.
- Handle and track expenses in a timely manner.
- Order necessary items for the department such as office supplies, snacks, testing equipment for the developers, etc.
- Assist employees with their travel and accommodations, as needed.
Office Environment and Communication
- Lead communications, both internally to the department and outward toward our internal partners throughout WeWork.
- Coordinate and draft monthly newsletters and other key updates.
- Advocate for new processes and help others follow them.
- Lead special projects and ad hoc initiatives as needed.
- Flag miscommunications or lack of clarity in day to day operations.
- Ensure a clean, productive work environment.Improve our operational processes and cadence to accelerate delivery and capacity for innovation, working closely other operational leads and partners.
- BA/BS from a leading undergraduate institution with a major or minor in any of the following (but not limited to): Economics, Finance, Data Science, Engineering
- 1-3 years of professional experience doing quantitative analysis, strategy consulting, project management, and/or pricing / revenue management
- You have a proven track record of improving processes and practices with systems level thinking.
- You effectively communicate complex systems and processes, towards a diverse set of partners.
- You have an understanding of agile software development.
- You are a strategic thinker and problem solver with the ability to transform goals into actionable plans.
- You make decisions and exercise sound judgment when confronted with many varying opinions
- You are a strong communicator and excel engaging with senior level management.
Nice to Have
- Experience in SQL and Python
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical and digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members and employees. We build software and hardware that enables our members to connect with each other and the space around them like never before.
We augment our community and culture teams through the tools we build. We believe there’s a macro shift toward a new way of working—one focused on a movement towards meaning and purpose. WeWork Technology is proud to be shaping this movement.
We are a team of passionate, fearless and collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.