Business Operations Manager, Consumer Finance & Servicing at Better.com
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
The Consumer Finance and Servicing team oversees all things related to funding our customers loans, curating a best in class servicing experience and working with various counterparties to ensure the success of those business channels . The team has perspective across all company functions and is deeply involved in strategic decision making. By working with Product, Sales, and Marketing, we are creating the most comprehensive financial marketplace on Better.com. As the Business Operations Manager, your primary responsibilities will be improving the team’s efficiency, productivity, and overall scalability.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work directly with our Head of Consumer FInance and Servicing to plan and prepare for a significant increase in monthly loan closings, going from 7k to 20k and beyond
- Identify, research, and implement the systems and tools needed to make the team’s workflow more seamless.
- Develop business plans, including gathering requirements for transformational projects within the Consumer Finance & Servicing organization.
- Advise functional managers within Consumer Finance & Servicing on interdepartmental communications and knowledge management.
- You have 2 to 4 years of experience in a Chief of Staff or in management consulting, or another role working alongside executive leadership to drive operational changes.
- You have a drive for operational excellence, and can identify tools, introduce techniques, and optimize workstreams to enable a team to function at its peak.
- You are organized and incredibly attentive to detail. You can recognize when balls might drop, and take proactive steps to catch them before that happens.
- You are an effective thought partner and can think both practically and creatively.
- You have the versatility and intellectual curiosity to work across functional groups.
- You are comfortable working with quantitative specialists and subject matter experts.
- You are a consumer advocate. Each of our loans helps someone realize their dream of homeownership.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.