Greater NYC Area
Primary is a gender-free, inclusive kids clothing brand started by Galyn Bernard and Christina Carbonell in 2015. The company was founded on the idea that kids clothing should be affordable, feel amazing, and be free of logos and slogans so that all kids can truly shine. Our customers are incredibly passionate about our mission, leading to strong repeat metrics and one of the highest NPS scores in the industry (85+). We are laser-focused on building a strong, sustainable and profitable (!!) business, and hiring the best people to help us get there. Our company values kind and thoughtful self-starters who can think strategically and then work collaboratively with people across the organization to produce high-quality outcomes. We are also a very change-friendly group of people, and are always seeking fresh points of view to uncover ways we can improve our products, processes and team culture.
Company-sponsored health insurance
A 401k program (no matching just yet)
Three weeks of PTO (four weeks after two years at the company)
- Primary caregiver: 6 weeks fully paid, increased to 12 weeks after the first year with the company.
- Secondary caregiver: 3 weeks fully paid, increased to 6 weeks after the first year.
Bagel Thursdays and Frydays (yes it's what you think it is)
Primary School: a program that gives every employee $100 a month to spend on classes to help them grow (even if unrelated to their work).
We’re hiring a CFO to partner with the Leadership team on strategic decisions to drive continued growth on a path to cash flow breakeven. This role will report directly to our founders/co-CEOs.
You will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the finance and accounting functions, including forecasting, reporting, budgeting, and financial analyses
- Assessing strategic growth opportunities, such as physical retail, wholesale partnerships and international expansion
- Driving inventory efficiency and improved turns
- Long-range planning as well as nearer-term / real-time forecasting and scenario analysis
- Reporting on actual results, identifying key drivers for performance, and providing recommendations as needed to contribute to future performance
- Communicating financial results both internally and externally to board / investors – via quarterly board meetings, informal monthly flash reports and ad hoc updates
- Providing and improving the availability of real-time financial data in order to facilitate agile decision making
- Managing the relationship with our current debt partner as well as leading conversations related to future debt funding
- Closely monitoring use of existing capital, evaluating needs for additional capital, and working with founders to secure additional capital as needed
- Partnering with cross-functional team members on contract negotiations
- Charting out the growth of our finance/accounting team as well as partnering with Leadership to identify appropriate headcount targets for the broader org
You must have:
- Demonstrated leadership managing through significant growth (ideally at scale of ~$100M+) with an eye towards profitability
- Experience managing inventory - in retail, e-commerce, and / or apparel industry
- Passion for digging into other disciplines (Creative, Merchandising, Marketing and Supply Chain) and understanding their goals, needs and concerns
- Strong leadership, including written and oral communication and presentation skills
- High degree of curiosity; you have a highly analytical mindset and possess the ability to dive deep in order to connect critical details to the bigger picture
- A strong business acumen with a deep understanding of business drivers and their connection to financial results and outcomes
- Solid understanding of financial statements and US GAAP; comfortable directing both finance and accounting functions
- A track record for success (promotions, accolades, achievements)
- International experience a plus
If you fit this description and are interested in joining our team, we would love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description