Chief Financial Officer, CFO
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
Our NYC team is looking for an entrepreneurial, growth-minded leader to join our executive team and develop our global business. The CFO will be a key member of the executive team, reporting to and working closely with the CEO. The ideal candidate will be grounded in Meetup’s mission with exceptional strategic, financial analysis, and accounting skills, possessing deep experience in dramatically scaling a business.
This role is not your typical CFO role with a singular focus on finance. This position will oversee legal, corporate development, finance, accounting, and administrative operations.
What you’ll do:
- Lead all company systems and processes for forecasting, budgeting, and revenue monitoring based on sophisticated financial modeling and analysis
- Develop effective solutions to improve Meetup’s financial position and results, and contribute proactively to business optimization
- Provide analytical oversight of strategic company business decisions
- Own P&L and financial projections, pricing and valuation models and company presentations
- Lead teams across finance, legal, accounting and operations
- Oversee regulatory and compliance matters in all areas of accounting, finance, payroll, and taxation
- Provide significant input in determining business health KPI's, monitor and highlight notable points proactively, including revenue tracking, margin analysis and pricing
- Identify all potential corporate development and M&A activity for the business
- Represent Meetup by effectively communicating to external stakeholders (the CEO and CFO of WeWork most notably) and internal leadership
- Prioritize and work with the CTO and company leadership on CapEx/OpEx/P&L cost savings initiatives
You’re the ideal teammate if you have:
- 15+ years' progressive finance experience in a financial and business leadership role
- A passion for bringing people together, creating community and changing lives
- Previous experience in a rapidly growing startup/technology firm
- Extensive experience working in direct-to-consumer digital subscription businesses and/or marketplaces
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for building
- Desire to work in a dynamic start-up, and be effective resolving ambiguities
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, be flexible and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to think creatively and be resourceful within the context of financial and strategic planning
- High intellectual capacity, particularly in an analytical and strategic context
- Unquestionable personal integrity and business judgment
This is an exciting time to join as a Meetup executive. After 16 years of leadership by our Founder, we recently welcomed a new CEO to the company and are in the process of re-evaluating our priorities. Executives who join will be part of this highly dynamic strategy process that will impact our future for years to come. We are also a year into being acquired by WeWork, an amazing partner who continues to significantly invest in our growth.
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. We were recently acquired by WeWork, and the company is investing significantly in our growth. You in?