Chief Revenue Officer
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we're unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 3 out of 4 teachers in the U.S., Canada, and Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive online marketplace where teachers have created 4 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than six million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you haven't heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask a teacher.
Who we are looking for:
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
In this role, we’re looking for a great leader who can head up our growing Sales and Marketing functions at TpT.
TpT is seeking an experienced leader with success in delivering rapid revenue growth. The Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) is responsible for all revenue generating processes at TpT. The CRO is responsible for the performance, strategy, and alignment of the organization’s revenue operations. This individual will be accountable for the performance of a team that includes Sales, Marketing, Customer Experience, and Account Management.
This dedicated leader will ensure that their team is focused and aligned with TpT’s growth targets. The ideal individual will have a long history of building strong customer relationships; the market know-how to specify, strategize, and define opportunities; and a clear track record of setting and hitting ambitious growth targets.
- Drive scale and profitability by defining and executing TpT’s enterprise go-to-market strategy and sales function
- Lead Marketing, Sales, Customer Experience, and Account Management teams
- Drive Marketing leadership to create and execute winning brand and performance-based strategies to drive profitable growth
- Build a Sales organization in a way that creates long-term customer and business value
- Inspire Customer Experience and Account Management leadership to define and profitably deliver on the customer value proposition
- Implement necessary adjustments to optimize performance, move quickly on opportunities, capitalize on markets, and build/refine infrastructure for the future
- Maintain a customer-first focused organization
- Effectively resolve issues across teams
- Create accountability within their departments by developing appropriate metrics and performance expectations
- 10+ years of experience in sales, marketing, and customer success in both B2B and B2C environments
- Experience in ed-tech or SaaS a big plus
- Track record of hiring and leading exceptional teams, and of developing a performance-based culture
- Ability to write, defend, and execute on business cases
- Data-driven and attention to detail
- MBA a plus
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- Believe in our mission to connect and empower teachers
- Appreciate feedback and value honest, thoughtful candor
- Perform well in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Be a team player: team and impact come first
- Demonstrate versatility, intellectual curiosity, creativity, and analytical thinking
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a larger team environment on complex projects, cross-functional collaboration, and strategic decision-making
- Maintain the mindset that no job is too big or small, and have the ability to do whatever it takes to get the job done well and efficiently
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.