Claims Processor at Talkspace
Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Want to help over one million people feel better? Come join our team!
We are looking for an experienced Claims Processor to join our Finance team in our NYC Headquarters. This role would be responsible for serving as our subject matter expert on claims and integration with insurance companies as we expand into the B2B space. We are looking for someone who has a track record of excellent claim management experience in a clinic setting, who wants to bring their talents into a “for purpose” space. To work at Talkspace, you need to be as passionate as we are about our work, and excited to partner with us to achieve our mission of bringing quality mental healthcare to all.
About This Role
- Accurate processing of claims including submitting claims on behalf of our therapists, track status of claims, and follow up with insurance companies
- Proactively manage settlement of claims, working to resolve them in a cost effective and efficient manner
- Recover rejected claims
- Provide reporting insights and develop indicators, tools, and reporting mechanisms
- Develop and document claims management workflows, policies, and work instructions
- 5+ years of healthcare claims in a clinic setting
- Organization and Billing experience
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking, and communication skills (verbal & written)
- Experience with health insurance claims
- Knowledge of eligibility, medical terminology, third-party reimbursement and COB
- Understanding of Medicare & Medicaid
- Knowledge of medical benefits and eligibility systems
- Knowledge of ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS codes
- Understanding of CMS 1500 forms
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to to work with a team
- Ability to accept change
- Ability to handle high volumes of work while maintaining quality
- Ability to multitask and run multiple computer programs at once
- At ease with ambiguity
- Experience (or strong interest) in working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Understanding of Behavioral Health Plans
- Knowledge Trizetto system
- Advanced or Expert in Excel (Not required)
Because we are on a mission to make the world a better place. Our focus to help people feel happy starts at Talkspace, where we connect and collaborate. Fun company-wide events, happy hours, wellness perks, flex PTO, access to Talkspace products, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every qualification. Come as you are and learn about the exciting opportunities on our team.
Individuals seeking employment at Talkspace are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.