Collections Specialist – Part Time at OwnBackup
Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. OwnBackup is the #1 data backup, archiving, and sandbox seeding app on the Salesforce AppExchange. With over 3,000 customers, we are ranked #25 on Financial Times’ list of America’s fastest growing companies, and have raised $267.5 million in funding from Salesforce Ventures and others.
The Collections Specialist role is a part-time position that focuses on improving the company’s cash collections by corresponding with Ownbackup customers to effectively secure payments within the agreed payment terms. The Collection Specialist is a key position for our team and will bring fresh ideas and effective tools to help scale efficiently and maximize our potential. In addition to constantly following up with customers by phone/email, the role will also focus on assisting the current team with Invoicing new/existing customers.
This position will report to the Controller.Your Day-to-Day Role
- Monitoring accounts to identify overdue payments.
- Improve cash collections by communicating directly with clients to secure payments on a timely basis
- Follow up frequently by email and phone on past due balances and resolve customer billing disputes in a timely manner
- Manage collections regularly, focusing on minimizing bad debt and lowering DSO
- Record cash received from customers on a daily basis
- Submit Channel Order Applications (COAs) to Salesforce
- Ensure compliance with internal company policies and procedures
- Work closely with the finance team to report Overdue accounts that are eligible for commissions clawback
- Assist Billing and Collections Specialist with Invoicing new/existing customers on daily basis
- Ad hoc projects as needed
- Must have the capability to follow up on client accounts with minimal supervision.
- Must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work well under pressure and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and interact well with co-workers.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Must be highly proficient in Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of NetSuite and Salesforce a plus
This is a part-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize interaction with business.
Here at OwnBackup, culture is as important as results, and a key part of our culture is our differences. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status. OwnBackup will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our market opportunity and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and Salesforce Ventures. The company has experienced 100% y/y growth, establishing early market dominance in a big addressable market. To put it in perspective OwnBackup has 2k customers and nearly all of Salesforce 150k customers are a potential fit to use our products. Given the company’s vision to be the leading Cloud Data Protection Platform, there are also plans to expand into other SaaS ecosystems in the company year.