Commissions Analyst at Sisense
USE DATA TO HELP INCENTIVIZE THE NEXT GENERATION OF SAAS SALES PROFESSIONALS
Why you should join our team:
This is an opportunity to manage commission plans, commission calculations, and commission accounting, as well as other payroll and accounting-related work, at a rapidly scaling pre-IPO tech company. The Commissions Analyst will report into the Senior Commissions Analyst and will work together with department leaders and employees throughout the organization and will have the opportunity to learn how a best-in-class SaaS business operates.
How you will ramp:
By Day 30
- Understand Sales, Customer Support, ADR, Channels Partner and Sales Engineer commission compensation plans.
- Take ownership of creating, distributing, and tracking individual “acknowledgment forms” containing each individual’s quota information, that each employee must receive and sign.
- Calculate monthly sales commissions.
- Learn about the payroll process.
- Calculate and book the journal entries for monthly bonus and commission accruals.
By Day 60
- Collaborate with sales team on managing deals and resolving commission-relate issues.
- Review payroll and book bi-monthly payroll journal entries.
- Run quarterly commission calculations for multiple departments and distribute statements.
- Handle reconciliations of payroll and benefit related accounts.
By day 90
- Help evaluate and implement a commission software solution.
- Help train admins and users on using the new software solution.
- Help leadership and employees with commission questions.
- Help in drafting of compensation plans for 2022.
- Document commission and payroll processes.
- Serve as a liaison with business stakeholders regarding reporting, data management, workflow and changes.
- Field ongoing commission questions from employees.
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting requests from leadership.
- Identifying issues and errors and bringing to attention of leadership.
- Detecting errors and tracking commission plan exceptions.
- Analyze new commission-eligible sales contracts (coordination between Legal, Finance & Sales).
- Evaluate commission guidelines periodically and suggest improvement measures.
What you've accomplished...so far:
- You're an Excel pro that is comfortable using formulas such as VLOOKUP, SUMIF, IFERROR.
- You've worked in software organizations handling calculations for 200+ commissions based employees.
- You've assisted in commissions plan design and are excited to share best practices with the team.
- You've worked cross-functionally with payroll and sales leadership to ensure accuracy and timely payment.
- Intermediate level of accounting knowledge, experience booking journal entries.
- Excellent ability to work independently and proactively.
- Phenomenal attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and sound decision-making ability.
- Ability to quickly learn new processes and generate solutions.
- Strong attention to detail, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills.
- Excitement and passion to join a fast-growing tech company with a proactive culture.
- We're a passionate, venture-funded team with more than 2000 customers, including Nasdaq, GE Healthcare, Honda, Verizon, and Philips
- We believe strongly in a data-driven approach to all that we do. We're constantly measuring and optimizing everything about the business.
- We have close relationships with our customers.
- We’ve been recognized by Comparably, Glassdoor, and Gartner for our amazing company culture.
- We have super high customer retention — better than best in class SaaS companies.