Commissions Analyst at OwnBackup
Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. OwnBackup is the #1 data backup, archiving, and sandbox seeding app on the Salesforce AppExchange. With over 3,000 customers, we are ranked #25 on Financial Times’ list of America’s fastest growing companies, and have raised $267.5 million in funding from Salesforce Ventures and others.
The Sales Ops team is looking for a Commissions Analyst to own all calculations, administration and analysis for commissions across the entire Sales organization. You are a highly quantitative and detailed analyst and you love working with Sales. Your primary responsibilities include management of compensation plans, monthly commissions calculations, reports/analytics, and handling commissions payout related questions.Your Day-to-Day Role
- Monthly calculation and accurate payment for all sales commissions. Calculations will also include bonuses, spiffs, and other incentive programs.
- Own the master commission file which calculates all commission rates based on quotas and variable compensation amounts.
- Own, maintain and improve the master commission calculation file, which currently is in Excel.
- Become the primary administrator of any commissions software the company implements in the future, and help implement and transition to the new tool.
- Own creation, approvals, and execution of all Compensation Plans. Compensation Plans are created for entire Sales organization in January of each year, then on an ad-hoc basis when new team members start or have a change in their quota/variable compensation due to promotion.
- Help lead compensation-focused analysis to help Sales leadership understand compensation trends, as well as model the expected payouts for potential SPIFs options to help calibrate.
- Collaborate with Sales Ops and Sales management to ensure that new compensation ideas can be easily managed with existing compensation systems.
- Handle questions from the field on compensation calculations and completeness.
- Contribute to other Sales Ops-related projects when time and bandwidth allows.
- BS degree or 1-2 years of experience in accounting, finance, business or related fields is required
- Very strong Excel Skills
- Experience configuring and/or using a commission software such as Xactly is a significant plus
- Ability to work independently on complex projects
- Strong communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Deadline-driven, organized, and able to multi-task with the willingness to adapt to the rapid business and organizational demands that result from a high-growth environment
- Ability to problem solve and work under pressure
- SaaS experience a plus
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate must work out of our New Jersey office to maximize interaction with business.
Here at OwnBackup, culture is as important as results, and a key part of our culture is our differences. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status. OwnBackup will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our market opportunity and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and Salesforce Ventures. The company has experienced 100% y/y growth, establishing early market dominance in a big addressable market. To put it in perspective OwnBackup has 2k customers and nearly all of Salesforce 150k customers are a potential fit to use our products. Given the company’s vision to be the leading Cloud Data Protection Platform, there are also plans to expand into other SaaS ecosystems in the company year.