Communications Mgr - Corp & Financial
Discovery Inc., home to leading media brands including Discovery Channel, HGTV, TLC, Food, Cooking, Animal Planet, OWN, is seeking a manager, corporate and financial communications to join its New York office.
Reporting to the Vice President of Corporate and Financial Communications, the ideal candidate will play a key role in driving external and internal communications initiatives around quarterly earnings, M&A announcements, annual meetings as well as communications for Discovery’s senior leadership team and board of directors. This is a unique opportunity for a motivated self-starter to work directly with senior executives from across the company and play a key role in some of Discovery’s most important announcements and events. The candidate will function as a central team member and knowledge manager for corporate assets including presentations, ratings, company facts and figures and other important details.
To succeed in this role, the ideal candidate will have a keen attention to detail, financial acumen, strong writing and presentation skills as well as confidence working with senior leaders in a deadline driven environment. Candidates from outside the media industry with intellectual curiosity and a willingness to learn about the business are strongly encouraged to apply.
* 4-6 years of professional experience in financial communications, public or investor relations, management consulting or finance
* Strong writing skills
* Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
* Understanding of basic financial principles and earnings (or a willingness to learn)
* Advanced presentation skills, including Power Point
* Social media savvy, for internal as well as external audiences
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States