Compliance Analyst, Sanctions at Paxful
Paxful is the people-powered marketplace for money transfers with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Imagine a world where everyone has equal access to finance, no matter who they are, or where they’re from. We're building it. Our mission is to empower the forgotten four billion unbanked, so they have control of their money in a way they've never had before.
Working across three offices in different time zones, the Paxful team serves our amazing community of 3 million strong. We build for people, not profits, and consider ourselves to be everyday heroes who don’t wear capes or masks. That’s why we launched Built with Bitcoin, a charitable initiative that aims to build 100 schools, water facilities, and entrepreneurial incubators in emerging markets all over the world. We want to show that bitcoin can have a positive impact and make real changes in the lives of people everywhere.
Working alongside our AML Manager, the Compliance Analyst will be charged with reviewing and clearing transaction monitoring alerts. You will ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices while playing a part in building a ‘culture of compliance’. Paxful’s team embraces customer focus, tenacious problem-solving, collaboration, and the Compliance Analyst will contribute to this culture while pushing us to innovate and do our best work.
What You’ll Do
- Disposition transaction monitoring alerts
- Prepare and write Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs)
- Perform ad hoc activities at the direction of the AML Manager
- Investigate user activity for evidence of money laundering, fraud, or other wrongdoing
- Participate in cross-functional compliance meetings and carry out relevant portions of project plans
Who You Are
- Analytical and love paying attention to detail
- Ability to organize & prioritize workload, and work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and changing deadlines
What We’re Looking For
- 2-3 years of relevant experience at a financial institution or cryptocurrency exchange
- Strong writing, research, and analytical skills
- Familiarity with The Patriot Act and Banking Secrecy Act (BSA)
- Experience with blockchain analytics
- Nice to have but not required - ACAMS Certification
What We Offer
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits, flexible spending account, and 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Flexible working hours and generous paid time off
- Gym membership, massage, chiropractor, or other reimbursements (personal training, dance classes, etc.)
- Learning and development reimbursement (including online courses, certifications, conferences, seminars, etc.)
- One day a year to volunteer and serve your community
- Parental leave, including a one-time bonus to support a newborn, adoption, or foster placement
- Stocked fridges and kitchens along with a daily meal credit, Thursday happy hours, and team outings that you do not want to miss!
Diversity & Inclusion at Paxful
At Paxful, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work.
EEOC and Accommodations
Paxful is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
We’re also committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need any kind of accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, you can reach out to [email protected] and let us know how we can best help you.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full Privacy Notice is available at https://paxful.com/privacy-notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.