Paxful is the people-powered marketplace for money transfers with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Imagine a world where everyone has equal access to finance, no matter who they are, or where they’re from. We're building it. Our mission is to empower the forgotten four billion unbanked, so they have control of their money in a way they've never had before.
Working across three offices in different time zones, the Paxful team serves our amazing community of 4 million strong. We build for people, not profits, and consider ourselves to be everyday heroes who don’t wear capes or masks. That’s why we launched Built with Bitcoin, a charitable initiative that aims to build 100 schools, water facilities, and entrepreneurial incubators in emerging markets all over the world. We want to show that bitcoin can have a positive impact and make real changes in the lives of people everywhere.
Working alongside our AML Manager, the Compliance Analyst, Sanctions will be charged with reviewing, monitoring, and escalate any potential alerts for continuous sanctions/pep/adverse media screening. They will ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices while playing a part of building a ‘culture of compliance’. Paxful’s team embraces customer focus, tenacious problem-solving, collaboration, and the Compliance Analyst, Sanctions will contribute to this culture while pushing us to innovate and do our best work.
What You’ll Do
- Perform EDD activities at the direction of the AML Manager.
- Be responsible for tracking, documenting, and reporting metrics to identify Key Performance Indicators in sanctions to management
- Participate in the ongoing improvement of the sanctions screening systems
- Participate in cross-functional compliance meetings and carry out relevant portions of project plans
- Assist with the Corporate Account KYC refresh and KYC manual review as needed
Who You Are
- We’re looking for a person that has an analytical mindset and loves paying attention to detail.
- You will use your organizational skills to prioritize workload under changing deadlines while working independently.
What We’re Looking For
- 1-2 years’ of OFAC Screening experience at a US financial institution.
- Familiarity with PEP, negative media, and SDN risks.
- Experience with Lexis Nexis, Dunn & Bradstreet, ComplyAdvantage, World-Check, or similar solutions.
- Ability to determine false positives and true matches with minimal supervision.
What We Offer
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits, flexible spending account, and 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Flexible working hours and generous paid time off
- Gym membership, massage, chiropractor, or other reimbursements (personal training, dance classes, etc.)
- Learning and development reimbursement (including online courses, certifications, conferences, seminars, etc.)
- One day a year to volunteer and serve your community
- Parental leave, including a one-time bonus to support a newborn, adoption, or foster placement
- Paxful's COVID response: remote work, company-wide online events and weekly meal credits
Diversity & Inclusion at Paxful
At Paxful, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work.
EEOC and Accommodations
Paxful is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
We’re also committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need any kind of accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, you can reach out to [email protected] and let us know how we can best help you.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full Privacy Notice is available at https://paxful.com/privacy-notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.