Compliance Monitoring and Testing Manager
Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving and investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers and building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so more people can confidently save more, grow wealth, and enjoy life.
We are seeking a Compliance Monitoring and Testing Manager to conduct forensic reviews covering our various products and services. In this role, you will monitor, measure, analyze, evaluate, and report on the enterprise’s compliance with regulations and the firm’s policies, procedures, and compliance controls. The successful candidate should be comfortable handling multiple projects and having daily interactions with various members from our product, investing, operations, engineering, marketing, and data teams.
Our compliance team is comprised of a committed group of professionals who seek to be the best at what they do each and every day. They exceed expectations and expect the same excellence of their teammates. When it comes to regulatory and ethical standards, exceeding the standard is the standard at Stash. As a Compliance Monitoring and Testing Manager, the successful candidate will quickly become an integral member of the team who exudes energy, curiosity, and enthusiasm to join our Compliance Testing Group to conduct forensic reviews covering the various firm businesses and divisions. In performing these reviews, the individual will use advanced testing techniques to check compliance with regulations and the firm’s policies, procedures, and compliance control infrastructure.
What You’ll Do:
- Monitor and test regulatory and reputational risk to ensure compliance performance is achieved by setting out monitoring processes, schedules, resources, and information to be collected
- Plan, establish, implement, and maintain a monitoring and testing program, including frequency, methods, responsibilities, planning requirements, and reporting to continually improve the suitability, adequacy, and effectiveness of the firm’s compliance function
- Propose methods of testing and execute plans discussed and agreed with the team (i.e conduct Annual Review)
- Gather data, perform analysis, and document results.
- Evaluate the need for action to eliminate root causes of noncompliance
- Escalate compliance exceptions to management and relevant stakeholders
- Track and closeout detected compliance exceptions, including those arising in the normal course of business outside of the testing process
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of compliance, audit, testing, or regulatory experience
- Experience in the financial services industry, either working for an investment manager, broker dealer, consulting firm, or regulator
- Knowledge of financial products, markets, laws and regulation, FINRA rules, SEC rules, and the Investment Advisers Act of 1940
- Highly-developed interpersonal skills and an aptitude for building strong relationships with stakeholders across various seniority levels and specialties through the use of engaging, courteous, and persuasive communication styles
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and an aptitude for thinking clearly about complex issues under conditions of ambiguity, uncertainty, and high pressure
- The ability to manage several competing priorities and reviews concurrently
- Exemplary attention to detail, strong analytical skills, and rigorous judgment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- ACAMS or Series 99/7 is a plus
- CPA is a plus
The compliance team’s candidate selection process is predicated on the belief that values are more important than a candidate’s skills and experience. Specifically, the compliance team values open-mindedness, conscientiousness, and equanimity. Candidates are evaluated on character first, aptitude second, and skills third.
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits, Perks, & More!:
* Equity In Stash * Flexible Vacation
* Four Family-Friendly Medical Plans * Two Dental & One Vision Insurance Plan
* 401k * Learning & Development Stipend
* Commuter Benefits * Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* Employee Referral Bonuses * Stocked Fridges & Kitchens
* Thursday Happy Hours * Catered Lunch on Fridays
* Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Built in NYC’s Startups to Watch in 2018
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" in 2018
- MarCom Awards 2018 Double Gold & Platinum Winner
- 2017 Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category
- 2017 W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience
**No recruiters, please.