TrialSpark is a technology-driven drug development company that runs end-to-end clinical trials, focused on bringing new treatments to patients faster and more efficiently.
The biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade and frequently costs $1B+. To combat this industry problem, TrialSpark has built a technology platform that optimizes all aspects of a clinical trial, enabling more efficient trial design, faster trial completion, and higher trial data quality.
TrialSpark recently raised their Series C, and is putting the capital to work by in-licensing and co-developing drug programs through in-house development, joint ventures, and NewCos. Together with doctors, patients, and communities, TrialSpark is working to develop the treatments of tomorrow.
About the Position
As the Controller at Trialspark, you will be responsible for establishing the company’s accounting, financial reporting, and control policies and ensuring compliance with said policies. Based on a deep understanding of US GAAP and business processes, ideally in the life sciences/CRO or related technical consulting/development space, you will also play a key role in scaling-up the Company’s financial and accounting processes and systems.
Reporting to the CFO, you’ll be a strategic thought partner and key member of our finance team. You have a passion for process improvement and building structure in a fluid, fast-paced environment. This is a unique opportunity to join a quickly growing, dynamic team, and play a key role in leading the next-stage of organic and acquisitive growth.
- All transactional areas including revenue accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, fixed asset accounting and treasury management
- Assessing, articulating and quantifying potential financial, regulatory and operational risks associated with business growth and accounting processes.
- Developing and executing roadmap for implementing/improving processes and controls to scale the accounting function and safeguard assets
- Ensuring the company tracks relevant financial metrics to measure performance and progress against our goals
- Coordinating with FP&A team to produce regular budgets and forecasts
- Overseeing audit processes and proactively communicating with auditors on accounting for complex transactions
- Setting up new entities, reviewing consolidated financial statements and providing guidance to the team in all aspects of accounting.
- Leading and directing planning and coordination of audits and quarterly reviews
- Leading financial system implementations or integrations when necessary
- Supporting financing and acquisition initiatives, due diligence, and transaction execution
- Ensuring the company’s policies and procedures comply with US GAAP
- Scaling accounting team and mentoring junior team members
- You have 7+ years of relevant experience at a leadership or management level, preferably in a Therapeutic, Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology or start-up environment
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field, CPA and Master’s Degree preferred
- You have a thorough knowledge of US GAAP
- You have experience at companies with complex revenue models and cost structures
- You have experience with acquisitions and capital raising activities
- You have experience in establishing and successfully implementing internal controls, accounting policies, and financial systems
- You have experience with public entities, experience with an IPO or SPAC transaction preferred
- You have the ability to work independently and take initiative with minimal daily direction to accomplish objectives and deadlines
- You have strong project and people management skills
- You are organized, detail-oriented, and focused on getting things done
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.