Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving and investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers and building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, and enjoy life.
Stash is seeking an experienced Controller to lead the accounting organization in our rapidly growing startup. This position will report to the VP of Finance and be responsible for all aspects of our accounting function. If you are a top accounting professional with proven success in the financial services industry and a desire to build a world-class accounting function from the ground up, the fastest growing financial services app in the United States—Stash is looking for you! This is an incredible opportunity and the time is NOW.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee all accounting operational functions, including the monthly close process, financial statement preparation, and tax planning and compliance
- Coordinate all activities of external big 4 auditors
- Evaluate current accounting processes and internal controls
- Build internal processes and collaborate across the organization to ensure accurate financial reporting and strong internal controls
- Communicate and collaborate with Stash leadership team to highlight opportunities and mitigate financial risk
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge to ensure our financial operations meet the highest standards
- Execute responsibilities at the highest level of precision and efficiency
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of experience in public accounting and/or corporate accounting with exposure to the financial services industry
- B.S. in Accounting, Finance or other relevant subject from a top university
- CPA with excellent knowledge of US GAAP, SEC regulations, and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Understanding of broker-dealer regulations and reporting requirements, Series 27 license is a big plus
- Self-starter that is comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Pride in your attention to detail and organizational skills—no variance is too small to investigate
- Top notch excel skills and familiarity with financial accounting systems
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, with the ability to present to internal and external stakeholders
- Series 27 license
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits, Perks, & More!:
* Equity In Stash * Flexible Vacation
* Four Family-Friendly Medical Plans * Two Dental & One Vision Insurance Plan
* 401k * Learning & Development Stipend
* Commuter Benefits * Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* Employee Referral Bonuses * Stocked Fridges & Kitchens
* Thursday Happy Hours * Catered Lunch on Fridays
* Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Built in NYC’s Startups to Watch in 2018
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" in 2018
- MarCom Awards 2018 Double Gold & Platinum Winner
- 2017 Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category
- 2017 W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience
**No recruiters, please.