Controller at Cedar
We’re looking for a Controller to join our team! In this role you will report directly to our Head of Finance to own the entire accounting process from conducting month-end closing to implementing a new ERP system. Cedar’s Controller will have the opportunity to wear many hats across the Finance organization and will routinely interface with business leadership, including the executive team.
Cedar is starting to build out its finance organization and you will have a unique chance to play a critical leadership role in developing vital systems and processes as we rapidly scale.
- Own Cedar’s month-end close process and shorten the overall month-end timetable
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Prepare monthly consolidated reporting pack, to include income statement, balance sheet and cash flows
- Help manage the annual audit and tax return process
- Help design and implement financial reporting controls and monitor effectiveness
- Work with internal teams to own the AR and AP process
- Help develop budget and capital budgeting process
- Own the current financial system and help implement a new ERP system
- Corporate reporting (eg. options issuance) and ad hoc financial projects working across multiple teams
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelors or masters’ degree in accounting or finance
- Big 4 accounting experience strongly preferred
- Experience as a controller or accounting manager
- Healthcare or enterprise software experience preferred
- Active CPA strongly encouraged
- Strong attention to detail and Microsoft Excel skills
- Positive attitude with desire to work across multiple teams and comfortable wearing multiple hats
- Familiarity with QuickBooks and QuickBooks online preferred but not required
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic and good judgement
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work with a smart and engaging team working to solve a problem that affects millions of patients annually
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks
- Exposure to top venture capitalists including Thrive Capital, Founders Fund, and Kinnevik AB
Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a rapidly changing environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.