Conductor is an SEO and content technology company with a mission to help companies help their customers. Marketers use Conductor’s software and services to acquire customers by creating and optimizing content so that it gets found online. Conductor also offers a suite of services and support, including site audits, site migrations, content strategy, and more. Conductor was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave for SEO platforms and is rated #1 on TrustRadius and G2Crowd by enterprise marketers. Their forward-thinking customers include global and emerging enterprise brands like Citibank, Salesforce, Visa, ClassPass, and Casper. For more information, visit conductor.com.
Conductor is looking for a reliable Controller/Director of Accounting to assist in preparing statements that follow all regulatory and accounting guidelines under the supervision of the Controller. You will be responsible for identifying and preventing discrepancies as well as help set up control systems. You must be organized professional with a great eye for detail, knowledge of core accounting principles and able to carry out tasks autonomously and collaboratively.
In this role you will keep all accounting and financial processes of the company up to standard and ensure accurate financial reporting and control.
- Oversee company’s ledgers and reporting systems ensuring compliance with general accounting standards and regulatory requirements.
- Manage month-end close (including managing journal entries, invoices, reconciliations, etc) and preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements
- Support most aspects of accounting management (billing, tax forms, reporting etc.) including ensuring accuracy of the company’s accounts by developing and maintaining reconciliation schedules, month end closing binder
- Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
- Utilize accounting IT system to facilitate processes and maintain records
- Perform budget versus actual analysis along with assisting in the calculation of all KPI’s
- Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures and assist other team members in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices in relation to AP and AR
- Help build and maintain detailed financial model, accounting for all inputs into revenue, expenses, and cash usage and work with revenue operations to align on sales models
- Help in development of reports for management or regulatory bodies
- Manage external and internal audits
- Supervise the accounting team and build strong partnerships with each functional department head
- BSc/BA in Accounting or Finance
- 8+ years of experience of public and private Accounting experience
- CPA Preferred
- Proven experience as assistant controller or other similar position
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting, etc.)
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting
- Proficient in MS Office (strong emphasis on Excel) and NetSuite ERP software
- Highly organized, work pro-actively and efficiently by completing tasks and deadlines; hands-on individual with initiative and problem solving skills
- High acumen to detail and accuracy of data and information
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills; ability to communicate with co-workers and service providers across the world
We'd love to hear from you if you're inspired by Conductor's mission to be customer first and people first. Our team is pioneering, collaborative, and passionate about helping people together through meaningful content and marketing strategies. Conductor, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.