Transfix, named to Forbes’ “Next Billion-Dollar Startups” list, is the leading transportation solutions provider whose digital brokerage marketplace and logistics software offerings are helping transform the $800 billion trucking industry. Since its founding in 2013, Transfix has been driven by a mission to deliver simple, smart, and sustainable solutions for shippers and carriers, powered by people and technology.
By combining deep industry expertise and a best in class carrier network with cutting-edge technology, Transfix is reimagining the world of transportation. Fortune 500 companies such as Staples, Unilever, Target and Wayfair rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing, algorithmic matching, superior service, and unmatched intelligence, Transfix is optimizing the supply chain from start to finish. Come leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. Recognized as one of Built In’s Best Places to Work 2021, Transfix is building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We’re hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
As Controller, you will direct the accounting and control matters within our organization. You are our authority with respect to US GAAP and will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of our financial statements from recording through reporting. You will lead and develop the accounting team and have oversight of all accounting related operations. We are looking for a progressive, tech-forward leader in our organization who will leverage technology and data to identify insights for optimal business decisions and financial planning. You must have strong management, communication and presentation skills. As Controller, you need to have a love for details, analysis, and numbers. You have the ability to engage in high-level strategy discussions, but are also willing and able to get hands-on as you are the subject matter expert in all areas of accounting.
If you’re excited about transforming an industry, being part of an innovative culture, and making a positive impact on the environment, send us your resume.
What you'll do:
- Lead and mentor a team of 10+ with three direct reports.
- Partner with leaders across the company to implement and improve accounting related operational processes to help the company scale efficiently
- Lead the implementation of new processes and/or systems to achieve maximum efficiency and speed.
- Ensure that the company is maximizing its investment in NetSuite and other technologies to improve workflows and scalability.
- Provide timely and accurate financial statements/records
- Oversee all accounting related workflows including general ledger, monthly close, internal and external reporting
- Develop and implement accounting policies, coordinate systems communication and establish company procedures (ex: T&E)
- Payroll review and calculation of commission accrual and payouts
- Oversight of AR/AP process to achieve target cash conversion cycle
- Closely monitor cash flows and measure performance against budgeted cash flows
- Liaise between external auditors, tax accountants and internal control partners
- Lead the annual audit/review
- Develop and maintain internal controls
- Ensure the company tracks relevant financial metrics to measure performance and progress against our goals
- Complete monthly variance analysis versus budget and review with appropriate department leads
- CPA required; Big 4 experience preferred
- 7-12 years of relevant experience, including 3+ years in a controller role for a high growth company
- Experience in logistics a plus
- Systems experience: Netsuite, D&B, Looker
- Strong management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels
- Strong understanding of cash flow and working capital in highly transactional environment
- Critical thinker with attention to detail who can seek innovative solutions to complex business/technical challenges
- Familiarity and comfort with working with a large volume transactional data (10,000+ AR/AP transactions monthly)
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description