Mulberry is disrupting a $40B insurance industry by providing omnichannel merchants a seamless API-based platform from which to offer product insurance to their customers. We are a people-first company founded by a team of executives who are passionate about building ecommerce products that take a customer-first approach. Our platform not only drives revenue for brands, but also improves customer experience and trust in warranty programs.
We are rapidly growing in the US and internationally and looking for a Controller to lead our accounting function. As Mulberry’s head of accounting, you’ll play an instrumental role in helping us become the defacto source for assurance on online purchases through generating accurate financial data and building robust financial processes. You will have a high degree of visibility in the entire finance function and hence the opportunity to build a diverse set of experiences for your career. You will own and build key aspects of accounting operations, financial reporting, tax compliance and cash management. You will have the opportunity to grow quickly and build out the accounting team within our growing company, demonstrating your past experience and building out valuable new skill-sets.
You believe in the transformative power of technology and are excited by its potential to build trust and a top notch customer experience in the insurance industry. You embrace responsibility: the buck stops with you. You have a strong background in accounting, high attention to detail, and the ability to analytically solve complex problems. You love to learn new things, build things from scratch and make processes more efficient. You are always prepared to roll up your sleeves, no problem is too big or too small. You take pride in your craft.
About the role:
In this role, you will work closely with our CEO and collaborate with our Assurance, Engineering, Product, Partner Success and Sales teams. You will own multiple areas of our finance operations including cost accounting, financial reporting including audit, budgeting, and software implementation. Your team will be key to generating accurate historical financial data that inform critical business recommendations.
What You’ll Do:
- You will initially be working with our internal and external accounting team to fully lead and own the responsibilities below:
- Month-end close including consolidation of US and foreign subsidiaries
- Senior management reporting
- Investor, board and bank reporting
- Budget to actual reporting
- Cash management (AR/AP/banking) and risk management
- Tax and regulatory compliance
- Software implementation and automation of processes
- Internal control implementation
What We’re Seeking:
- 10+ years of accounting experience with some experience at a national public accounting firm, ideally the Big 4
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, ideally with a concentration in accounting
- CPA required
- Understanding of the insurance or fintech industry’s GAAP preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a highly analytical mindset, and experience delivering on time-sensitive projects for senior executives
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task, own complex projects, and manage time effectively under tight deadlines
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary
- 1:1 ongoing training and career development
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Strong, vibrant, and fun culture, with lots of outings (including virtually!)
Read Full Job Description