Corporate Accounting Manager at Celonis
The time is now to start your next career step at Celonis, one of the fastest growing global tech companies worldwide
Celonis is the leader in business transformation software - the Execution Management Systems (EMS) lifts barriers to execution capacity to maximize business performance. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis EMS helps companies manage every facet of execution management from analytics, to strategy and planning, management, actions and automations. For Global 2000 companies, transforming to an intelligent enterprise has become a key strategic priority. Celonis disrupted what had previously been a manual, time-consuming and expensive consulting-driven approach to jump-start and operationalize change in transformation initiatives. Celonis has thousands of global customers including ABB, AstraZeneca, Bosch, Coca Cola, Citibank, Dell, GSK, John Deere, L’Oreal, Siemens, Uber, Vodafone, and Whirlpool. Particularly in these uncertain times Celonis plays an impactful role in helping customers to use their execution capacity the best way possible.
Celonis is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York, US, and has in total 15 offices worldwide.The company has grown 5,000% in 4 years and 300% in the past year. In 2019, Celonis reached a $2.5 billion valuation, after receiving a $290 million Series C funding round. Since opening its US headquarter in New York in September 2016 it has quickly added blue chip customers like Lockheed Martin, ExxonMobil, Honeywell, and Mars to its client roster. The US is the fastest growing region for Celonis and will soon exceed 50% of its total revenue, and therefore expanding US offices in New York, San Francisco, Raleigh, as well as Toronto, Canada, and Latin America.
At Celonis, we believe that every company can unlock their full execution capacity - and for that we need you as a Corporate Accounting Manager. This is an exciting time at Celonis and this role will be a key hire within our Controllership organization.
- Manage the daily administration of our stock plans globally and maintain database integrity, and ensure accuracy of equity data in Shareworks
- Prepare equity grant agreements for approval and process new equity grants
- Process option exercises in compliance with governing rules, regulations and internal policies
- Provide support to equity participants inquiries
- Design and implement educational sessions, presentations, and communication materials for employee base to support global roll out of Shareworks
- Assist efforts to improve the stock administration function, including improving and introducing additional best practices with controls, automate routine workstreams and paperwork processes to ensure more efficient, accurate, and processing of stock administration matters and reports
- Prepare monthly stock-based compensation expense as well as quarterly required disclosures for US GAAP and IFRS reporting
- Ownership over global accounting for professional services revenue and gross margin including analyzing monthly revenue trends, reconciling revenue and deferred revenue from billing system to ERP as well as direct costs and subcontractor costs to ensure proper completeness and accuracy of the monthly P&L.
- Interface with external auditors around share based compensation and revenue recognition
- Assist with the implementation of a new billing & revenue system for both subscription and professional services revenue
- Assist with executing the transition to preparing our financial statements in accordance with US GAAP
- Perform strategic initiatives and projects to support the significant growth and scalability of the company
- .See people as the fundamental pillar of our success. Therefore, we invest into the personal growth and skill development of each individual alongside with the strength finder test
- Offer attractive compensation models (best-in-class salary, stock option packages, employee referral bonus, family service, flexible working hours, …)
- .Are visionary and one of the fastest growing Software-Unicorns in the world
- Are experts in the field of Process Mining - the new Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of instruments and applications: the EMS offerings help companies manage every facet of execution management from analytics, to strategy and planning, management, actions and automations
- Distinguish ourselves through a unique combination of innovative start-up atmosphere paired with great professionalism and self-responsible work
- Minimum 5-8 years of progressive operational accounting experience
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Licensed CPA and/or Big 4 background a plus
- Prior experience with a cloud based ERP (Netsuite, Workday, Intacct) highly preferable
- Prior SaaS/Software industry experience a plus
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and SOX required
- Problem solver with thoughtful efficient and automated solutions
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure; dependable with deliverables and deadlines, able to multi-task
- Confidence, good judgment, energy and personality to work in a fast-paced environment across all levels of management and across functions and geographies
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.