Corporate Controller at Squarespace
Squarespace is seeking an experienced and highly motivated professional to serve as its Corporate Controller. As the Controller, you will direct the organization’s accounting operations and improve accounting processes by adopting best practices for a global business ensuring that the team is equipped to scale and provide expertise and guidance to support Squarespace’s growth strategy. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of thriving in a fast-paced environment; improving business processes, financial reporting, and systems through innovative solutions and automation.
This position is based in New York and reports to the Vice President of Finance.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations for the accounting team to produce accurate and timely consolidated financial reporting in accordance with US GAAP for all corporate and country operations.
- Maintain and identify improvements for the accounting systems and business processes with a goal towards optimization, automation and efficiency
- Develop and lead an accounting organization capable of scaling with growth
- Develop and maintain a well-documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Serve as lead partner with external auditors; manage the audit processes and proactively communicate with auditors on accounting for complex transactions
- Supervise Treasury function (manage all working capital elements)
- Maintain chart of accounts to support financial reporting and meet the needs of management
- Provide subject matter expertise on implementation of accounting policies and the accounting for complex transactions
- Maintain effective checks and controls over financial functions
- 15 years of accounting experience with 5+ at controller (or equivalent) position
- Must have CPA license
- Must be a hands-on, roll-up your sleeves type of Controller that enjoys a fast-paced environment
- Highly skilled at technical accounting with a comprehensive understanding of US GAAP and SaaS revenue recognition models
- Proven track record of building teams, attracting and developing high performance talent
- Experience with building and managing a SOX compliant accounting function
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Comfortable working in a fast- paced and dynamic environment
- Experience managing a team and able to motivate, delegate and empower staff
- Detail-oriented and analytical with solid organizational and problem solving skills
- Public accounting experience a strong plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 18 weeks of parental leave
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Gender Affirmation Surgery
- Education reimbursement
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.