Haven Technologies has built deep capabilities in the life, annuity and disability insurance spaces. And now, our tech is your tech.
The same purpose-built platform and expertise that have helped us delight customers, transform complex, advisor-driven businesses, and launch groundbreaking products with speed are available to everyone as a SaaS offering. Insurance carriers can use our advanced solutions for new business, in-force management and product development.
But Haven Technologies is not just, well, all about technology. Our people and culture make our product. We believe magic happens when people have an opportunity to work with amazing colleagues and build things that matter.
As a team made of over 300+ dreamers, possibility-seekers and difference-makers, we are focused on taking on challenging problems to create simple, more accessible, and more customer centric solutions. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too. If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you. Curious about what it’s like to work with us? Read about our culture and values here!
Let’s change the future of life insurance. Together.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
Haven Technologies is looking for a Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst to join our growing Finance team. The Finance team is responsible for developing the organization’s financial business model; creating pricing and revenue models; establishing and tracking key financial metrics & indicators; driving accountability at all levels and ensuring that the financials are accurate and timely. The Finance team partners closely with leaders across several functions of the organization. We are looking for someone to join us in driving the mission of the Finance organization.
The Corporate FP&A Analyst will develop and drive our planning and forecasting, business review, month-end and Board of Director material processes. This is a multi-dimensional role that will be influencing the direction and strategy of both the business and Finance functions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop the Strategic / Long-term planning process and coordinate that process across the business and FP&A teams.
- Design and administer a metric-driven business review process to drive accountability and observability on business performance.
- Build and drive our monthly close process within Accounting/FP&A and ensure we are distilling key trends and action items for senior leadership.
- Provide leadership and help create and build out the finance and planning process for the organization
- Help develop and coordinate the product and delivery of our Board of Director materials on a quarterly basis.
- You will balance multiple cross-functional stakeholders across both the business and finance & accounting, making sure that we’re coordinating our efforts effectively.
- You will manage headcount planning, tracking and prioritization.
- You will create business cases or modeling to support strategic initiatives.
- You will drive ad hoc analytics to improve business performance.
- You will be a key leader of the FP&A and RevOps function within Finance. In that role you will help set the overall vision and direction of the Finance organization.
- 8+ years of relevant experience or recent MBA Grad
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting
- Demonstrated ability to learn complex new technologies and processes
- Excellent program management and modeling skills
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You will have a track record of influencing internal and external stakeholders through competing priorities, dependencies and tradeoffs
- You have comfort working in a tech-driven environment with the ability to coordinate across several stakeholder groups (Engineering, Legal, Sales, Operations, Compliance, Finance & Accounting, Marketing, People, Strategic Initiatives)
- You embody a team player mentality by modeling professional behavior, supporting a culture of collaboration and inclusion, while staying humble
- You pay attention to details with tenacity to pursue complex problems
- You are entrepreneurial minded and driven self-starter with the ability to learn on the job
- You are intellectually curious, proactively seeks to learn new things and drive improvements
- While we’re all working from home these days, you must have the ability to work from our NYC location full time when we return to the office.
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- You have experience working with federally regulated financial institutions in the life insurance industry
- Some Accounting background (education or work experience)
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
We believe that one of the benefits to working here is our people and culture! We’re proud to share that we’ve been consistently named a top workplace by Great Places to Work (#11 Best Workplaces in New York, #15 Best Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance) and BuiltIn (Top 10 Best Midsize Company to Work For in NYC!
As part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include sharing information in our vaccine record tool, vaccination or regular testing, mask-wearing, social distancing, and daily health checks. Requirements may change in the future with evolving public health landscape. Haven Technologies will consider all legally required exemptions and accommodation requests.