Data Analyst - Finance and Revenue Analytics at Bread
Bread, a division of Alliance Data, is a technology-driven payments company that works with merchants and partners to personalize payment options for their customers. Bread integrates directly with merchants on their ecommerce site and gives them a single platform that lets them offer more ways to pay over time. Bread's full-funnel recommendation engine serves up the right options at the right time, empowering merchants to sell more, improve conversion, and lift average-order-value. To learn more, please visit breadpayments.com.
Are you passionate about facilitating data-driven decisions? Do you enjoy tackling challenges at the intersection of business knowledge, data infrastructure, and statistical modeling? Are you looking for an entry-level role that will allow you to hone your analytical skills while architecting your career alongside a team of data professionals? The Analytics team at Bread sits within a rapidly expanding data vertical and works cross-functionally with stakeholders across Product, Revenue, Finance, Engineering, and Operations to ensure that we are making the best data-backed decisions we possibly can.
Your role at Bread:
- Business Intelligence and Data Visualization: You’ll work closely with our business teams to identify use cases and build out Looker dashboards to share data and insights with our internal stakeholders.
- Data Modeling and Data Warehousing: You’ll contribute to our data infrastructure by modeling raw data and working with our engineering team to acquire and ingest new data sources.
- Statistical Analysis, Research, and Modeling: The finance and revenue space you’ll be working in has a lot of opportunities for research. You’ll spend time developing a deep understanding of our business model and working to improve our analytical approaches and processes around forecasting and financial modeling. You’ll also research important business questions and present your findings and recommendations to key partners.
- KPI Definition and Experimentation: You’ll help to define and refine our finance and revenue KPIs. You’ll then partner with stakeholders to design, set-up, and monitor A/B tests with the goal of moving those KPIs and improving profitability.
- Learning and Teaching: As our team grows, we’ll continue to contribute to a company-wide data-first culture and team-wide culture of continuous learning and improvement. You’ll be asked to share discoveries, refine our problem discovery process, and shape our processes and infrastructure.
- 1-2 years of experience in analytics or finance roles
- Bachelor’s degree: Statistics, Finance, Economics, Math, Computer Sciences, or other relevant experience.
- Fluency in SQL and some experience with at least one functional programming language, especially Python or R
- Knowledge of accounting/financial principles
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Resourcefulness, curiosity and motivation to identify new opportunities and initiatives
Nice to Have:
- Experience with any technologies in our analytics stack: Snowflake, PostgreSQL, DBT, Databricks and/or Spark, Airflow, Python, Github, Looker, and Docker
- Knowledge of statistics and/or machine learning, i.e. confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, regression/classification models, and validation methods
- Experience working on or with a finance or accounting team
- Familiarity with an agile working environment