Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm’s Compliance team designs and implements a compliance program that enables Affirm to proactively adhere to regulatory requirements while also identifying and addressing potential regulatory issues that may arise. Compliance program activities include advisory, guidance & training, independent testing & monitoring, reporting, escalation and oversight. Although a second line of defense, Compliance dedicatedly partners with the business to support new products, markets, and initiatives, change management, issue identification and remediation plans, assessment and monitoring of third parties, and provides trends and data to enable informed decision-making, strengthen controls or provide for better treatment of consumers.
In growing the company’s markets and products, we will be launching an innovative online retail deposit savings product to consumers. Due to this exciting endeavor, Affirm is seeking a Deposits Compliance Manager to support our retail deposit program process and controls design, marketing and customer communications efforts, disclosures, etc. In this capacity the Deposits Compliance Manager will be responsible for partnering across the company to assess compliance risks and provide relevant information to effectively advise on and handle the risks associated with the design and launch of the deposits program. Based in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, or New York, this role will work with the Affirm's Compliance Advisory Director.
What You'll Do
- Lead the compliance due diligence and risk assessment of deposits related products and processes
- Be the compliance advisor on deposits related regulatory requirements, including implementation of risk based controls and oversight
- Own the ongoing compliance monitoring and oversight of outsourced and internal functions supporting the deposits program, including marketing, operations, engineering, complaints, and customer communications
- Advise on new product, market, and initiatives related to the deposits program
- Active engagement with bank partners to ensure effective reporting, enable oversight, and ensure successful regulatory outcomes
- Build relationships with critical business and functional partners, including Bank partners
- Continuously improve internal compliance processes relating this program
What We Look For
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of professional work experience in Compliance Risk, particularly with experience in deposits
- You possess proven interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Experience working with GRC tools
- You have a strong interest in fintech and consumer finance
- Can show that you have experience as a key contributing member of a high performing team
- Inquisitive and enthusiastic in proposing creative and effective solutions
- Demonstrable project management, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex and sensitive issues
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.