Director, Accounting Operations at Celonis
Are you ready for a new challenge?
Celonis is the leader in business transformation software, turning process insights into action with The Celonis Intelligent Business Cloud, built on the process mining technology it pioneered. For Global 2000 companies, transforming to an intelligent enterprise has become a key strategic priority. Celonis disrupted what had previously been a manual, time-consuming and expensive consulting-driven approach to jump-start and operationalize change in transformation initiatives. Companies around the world including Siemens, L’Oreal, Uber, 3M, and BMW rely on Celonis technology to guide action and drive change to business processes, resulting in millions of dollars saved and an improved experience for their customers. Headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York, New York, Celonis has grown 5,000% in 4 years and 300% in the past year. Valuated at over $1 billion, Celonis received $27.6 million Series A in June 2016 and $50 million Series B funding in June 2018 from investors Accel and 83 North. Since opening its US headquarters in New York in September 2016 it has quickly added blue chip customers like Lockheed Martin, ExxonMobil, Honeywell, and Mars to its client roster. The US is the fastest growing region for Celonis and will soon exceed 50% of its total revenue. In addition to its offices in the UK, Netherlands, and Japan, Celonis is expanding US offices in New York, San Francisco, Raleigh, Ann Arbor, as well as Latin America.
This is an exciting time at Celonis and this role will be a key hire within our Controllership organization.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers and financial data in the consolidated general ledger to ensure compliance with US GAAP.
- Responsible for managing the monthly consolidated close process and bringing new ideas and designing ways to make the process of efficient.
- Be a key stakeholder in the implementation of global ERP to ensure we take advantage of the advanced functionality available to help transform the close and reporting process.
- Partner with the financial systems team to ensure we adhere to the philosophy of “continuous improvement” by always looking for ways to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our processes and systems.
- Design and operationalize key financial controls over financial reporting, specifically in the record to report function under the SOX controls framework.
- Keep up-to-date on industry trends by continuing to network with peers in the SaaS industry to continue to implement best practices.
- Interfacing with external auditors, as needed.
- Minimum 7-10 years of progressive operational accounting experience
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Licensed CPA and/or Big 4 background a plus
- Prior experience with a cloud based ERP (Netsuite, Workday, Intacct) highly preferable
- Prior software industry experience a plus
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and SOX required
- Problem solver with thoughtful efficient and automated solutions
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure; dependable with deliverables and deadlines, able to multi-task
- Confidence, good judgment, energy and personality to work in a fast-paced environment across all levels of management and across functions and geographies